The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie Lotus owner here. Look forward to reading and participating in the forum. Loving my car and having outrageous fun!:wave:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Welcome.

Tell us more - what did you buy? Where do you live?

You'll find that most of us forumites tend to get together for various events - track days, autocross, car shows, drives, etc.

If track days aren't your thing, a GREAT way to really love your car is to do some nice spirited drives with other Loti folks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have already been on some mountain drives in North Georgia! Very fun! Love the attention we get. Thinking of racing stripes..... white or maybe orange! Need to look at some pictures.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
what color is your car? Have you considered pink? :D. or maybe get "hellaflush" rotfl. j/k (but not about the pink)
Congrats, and I hope you are enjoying your new purchase as much as I am.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2005 Mag Blue Elise. My picture is on my bio and should be on my post ..... but obviously not! Alright, back to the drawing board as the saying goes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woop woop, did it.... now my picture of me and my little blue is right there by my posts! Mission accomplished! Now back to the question of racing stripes.....

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Was the shot taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway? Looks familiar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ummmmm yeah...... I am still working on what is meant by the post "because no one else has done it" and the newest "because no one else has done it up close". I'd like to think that I am not slow on the uptake but..... WTF?

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I think he's just saying post up picture of you and your car. Yes, we've all seen millions of pictures of Mag Blue Elises but we've never seen a picture of YOUR Mag Blue Elise! You should get to show it off just like the rest of us did when we got ours.

Welcome to the group - as a former Georgia boy it's good to see that someone in the south has great taste! I grew up in Gainesville and lived in Buckhead in the late 90's before moving to Boulder. Honestly can't say I miss it - it's just too amazing out here. I'm actually in town this weekend - I'll be on the look out as I leave the airport :)

One bit of warning - there are very few women around here so be prepared for some comments (of which I sorta already started in the other thread....)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the clarifications and advice.;) I am still working out adding more pictures other than the one on my bio (avitar). It's a little different than the ease of Facebook.:confused: Never fear, I will figure it out.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Thanks for the clarifications and advice.;) I am still working out adding more pictures other than the one on my bio (avitar). It's a little different than the ease of Facebook.:confused: Never fear, I will figure it out.
The biggest advice I can give you on pictures is resize them. You want to post something in the 1024x768 range otherwise it gets all blown out on computer screens.

You want the Image Resizer toy - you just right click on an image and choose "resize" - that easy.

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Welcome, I lived in valdosta for 8 years on and off. Sometimes I kinda miss the small town atmosphere.

As for stripes, either search for them which I'm sure there are quite a few on here in that color with different stripes, or just photoshop them on there in whatever color you want.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts