The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
So my question is, what dealership/local shop would you recommend out here?
LARRY would recommend Lotus of Beverly Hills for warranty work and Qais at South Bay for non warranty work.

Half the others will recommend Newport, and some will recommend Lotus of Calabasas and Lotus of Thousand Oaks. There are + and - to all dealerships, your mileage may vary.
Second, obviously there are a lot of high end cars out here but how do they get away with driving w/out a license plate? They usually only have dealer tags:shrug:
Welcome. We are the land of the NO PLATE MAFIA. Most states give "temp plates" when car is bought, and there is dates when that is valid. In CA, you get dealer tag that has the dealer name on it. MANY auto owners use this thing for years, without putting on their real plates. Cops don't know when the car was really bought, since the paper has no dates on it.

If you get pulled over for no plates, it is a fix it ticket in CA, and usually 10 bucks. You put your plates on, have the police sign it off, and take plates off again:evil::evil:

At our last Lotus gathering, we had 17 cars. 9 had no plates, and of those 9, 1 car was actually brand new. Rest were part of the No plate Mafia.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome to LA! Lotus of Beverly Hills is my dealer of choice. Ask for Allen in the Service Dept. Make sure to try Cobras & Matadors and Terroni in your neighborhood. You're in the middle of all the good restaurants in LA, so make sure to enjoy them all. A few others down the street are Grace and Hatfields...

·
Registered
807 Posts
+1 for Lotus Beverly Hills. plus it's the closest dealer to your location.

let me welcome you to LA LA land before this post gets moved to the regional section.

now get with the rest of us and run with no plates!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I live in Beverly Hills near you and can drop my car off at Lotus Bev Hills and walk home in 5 minutes ! Welcome I think your best bet is establish a relationship at Lotus Bev Hills just based on convenience. As for the roads, when we have heavy rains the asphalt lifts up in patches , dunno why, but they usually go around an patch them towards summer. I have heard the roads in Manhattan are way way worse ! Also if you want to meet some of us there is a casual drive happening in early April that should be fun, some of the best roads in So Cal ! http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53439

I have yet to get busted or even hassled for no front plate in almost 2 years now, but have not been pulled over for anything actually yet, so they might if pulled over for speeding

·
Registered
369 Posts
As for the roads, when we have heavy rains the asphalt lifts up in patches , dunno why, but they usually go around an patch them towards summer.

I am a lonely financial type not an engineer, but the reason I believe we get the holes in the road is? when the asphalt gets old, it dries out (made from tar/oil, rock and re-cycle glass), as it dries it cracks, When it rains water enter the cracks, as the soil under the road get wets is expands and upward presurre cracks the roads. In many area the soild is very expandive soil (adobe) which cracks the worst, leaving holes and chunck of broken asphalt. In order areas what is not cracked by adode, is cracked by weeds growing in the granite/sandstone soil. (Yerba Buena- specially the ventura county side, cyclist will climb it but not descend it.)

Thus when it rains the roads start pooping up and the rocks come off the hills.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts