The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm new to Lotus Cup and looking to get involved this year. The Time Attack seems like a great way to get started moving from HPDE to competition. With Infineon just around the corner, I was curious if any one had any advice or thoughts? I'd love to join the group for 3-4 events this year.

I've got a 2010 260 Sport w/ just a few reliability modifications:

- Radium Eng Surge Tank
- Radium Eng Catch Cans
- S111 GPan2
- S111 R2D2 Brace
- S111 Rear Delete
- Larini 8" Exhaust

I was thinking of adding RaceMounts and the ProDuct intercooler for reliability and ease of use...

Does this seem like a logical step to get started?

Looking forward to meeting you all.

- Jesse

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Hey Jesse,
I joined the Time Attack series with Lotus Cup last year. The guys are great and I learned a lot from the bunch! It takes a little while for them to get to know you but they are all very courteous. Robbie will be your go to guy for questions. I did post a little write up if you missed it.
As to modifications, I did end up changing my engine mounts.
I would say, definitely come down to Infineon and check them out. You can partake in one event without signing up as a member and committing for the season. Do it!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I read your post last night and it contributed in a big way to my excitement.

In regards to class, do I need to email Robbie to figure out where I'd sit with those modifications? I need to read the rules more closely but it sounds like I may be right on the border between production and open.

Working out the details now but I should most certainly be at Infineon.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi Jesse - Feel free to email me your spec sheet on the car and I can check out how you fit into our classes. From the sounds of it, you would most likely be in Cup or Open. The production class is for N/A cars.

Email - [email protected]

We'll talk soon, hope you can make it to our upcoming events!

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
...... but it sounds like I may be right on the border between production and open.
Looks like CUP class to me .... the I/C mod may be the only question mark.

Love to see you come out Jesse. :coolnana:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts