The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Lotus Forum but not new to Lotus. I've owned a 97 red Esprit and 98 Black Esprit (highly upgraded with over 500 HP). Love the cars for the great feel even though I've owned my share of exotics. Currently have a Lamborghini Superleggera (a great car), Lambo Diablo (91 first year), and Maserati convertible. You can see some of my toys at Gary's Exotics I just sold my 98 Lotus to Miami and miss driving it. Yes, I still have options but there is something pure about a Lotus. Might have to get another one.

No real question or topic, just wanted to say hi and look forward to discussions on Lotus. I've driven a friend's Exige and it was a lot more fun than I would have expected especially since I'm used to more HP with Lambo and Ferrari. I live in SoCal but it is uncharacteristically raining right now. Cars are staying the garage right now.

Take care.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum and I too love the Esprit. As you've found out with Lotus, big things come in small packages :up:

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
were you with us at Hearst Castle a few months back?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Welcome and bring some of those toys out for our weekend Malibu / Agoura hills meest & drives sometime !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have 2 daughters who can drive all my cars. A few years ago I bought a 911 turbo to drive temporarily while my 360 was being repaired (3 month job) and when I was done with it I let my oldest daughter drive it around for 6 months since it was her dream car and she might have to wait 20 years to get her dream car. My other daughter prefers the 360 Modena and has used it to deliver Xmas presents to her friends. After all they are just cars to be enjoyed, not collectibles. I drive mine every day. I got tired of people asking me if I drive them on Sunday so I got my first personalized plate "DLY DVR" and move it from car to car usually on my latest toy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts