The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started working at Auto Europe in Michigan as a parts guy so thought I'd join the Lotus forum and introduce myself. Some of you may have met me at the recent LOG in Alabama where I drove our S1 Elise in the autocross. For those who don't know Auto Europe is a Lotus and Morgan dealer and services all European brands. As you can imagine I am constantly in awe of the stuff that drives past my office door.

I am also the owner of Team Illuminata Motorsport who some of you may have heard of. TIM as it's known specializes in performance parts for competition cars mostly in the rally and rallycross communities. Indeed, one of the reasons I joined Auto Europe is because TIM is a Team Dynamics dealer and Auto Europe want to offer this Lotus OE manufacturer's products to the Lotus community so guess who's in charge of that. We also offer BRAID wheels and other Lotus performance goodies.

Right now I run a 97 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon (don't laugh) in AutoCross, RallyCross and SuperRally-X but really want to develop an Elise or Exige for rally use or similar. I heard there was a couple running the Rallycross series in England so I know it can be done. Just have to find the right parts I guess. Anyone have any thoughts on this let me know.

I also promote the unique SuperRally-X series here in Michigan and would love to see some Exiges or Elises compete in that. SRX uses a 75% paved, 25% dirt course based on an oval track with two cars racing head to head half a lap apart. You can find more information here. Don't be put off by the "dirt" aspect of this as the hot setup is a tarmac prepared car; you just take it easy on the dirt section and kick butt on the paved section. Last time out I ran R compounds on my autocross setup and would have gotten through to the final if I hadn't hit a cone IMHO.

When I'm not racing or working I also race my bike (pedal) and play indoor soccer (I'm English, I have to). I'm a huge Monty Phython fan too, much to the distress of my wife but amusement to my colleagues here at Auto Europe who have taken to mimicking my accent at every opportunity.

Looking forward to some interesting forum conversations,

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi,

Welcome. I took a zillion pics at the autocross, I don't think I missed anyone. Follow the link in my signature to LOG29 pics.

Well, I just looked. My pics of the silver #31 weren't too good.....sorry. You must have followed the Rossion and I was concentrating on him.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
:wave:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Welcome. I took a zillion pics at the autocross, I don't think I missed anyone. Follow the link in my signature to LOG29 pics.

Well, I just looked. My pics of the silver #31 weren't too good.....sorry. You must have followed the Rossion and I was concentrating on him.
Thanks Tracy. I didn't find any pictures of our car. I guess it was just going too fast :nanner:

Actually, I have never seen any results from this event. Does anyone have any?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Paul: You comin to Waterford on Tuesday ?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hey there. Welcome to the forum.

I like wagons... Yours is pretty cool.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Awesome. Welcome.

If AutoEurope needs any stripe kits, banners, shirts, emblems, or awesome extended coverage of paint protection film, including full front end kits, I got ya taken care of. ;)

Used to be not too far from you guys, in Farmington Hills, and did the Dream Cruise every year. You guys always had a lot of cool stuff on the floor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome. Welcome.

If AutoEurope needs any stripe kits, banners, shirts, emblems, or awesome extended coverage of paint protection film, including full front end kits, I got ya taken care of. ;)

Used to be not too far from you guys, in Farmington Hills, and did the Dream Cruise every year. You guys always had a lot of cool stuff on the floor.
Thanks SweetDaddyD. We have an guy here who does all that for us but thanks.

DreamCruise is fun and coming up in a few weeks. In fact it is already starting if last Saturday on Woodward was anything to go off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts