The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. So i've been admiring Lotus's, hmm is that the plural for Lotus? Pleaase inform lol. Anyway I have decided that I am going to seriously consider getting one, i'm gonna hold back on the test drive since i think that will push me over the egde. I am a young man, as u cud probably tell by my username and i was hoping you guys could tell me a vehicle and spec for a Lotus that is below insurance group 15, or at least cheaper to insure than your average Lotus. And also hints for young persons insurance on a Lotus, I'm 22

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome Scotty

i dont know what you mean by something other than a typical lotus? Do you mean a regular Elise rather than a Elise SC? or Elise rather than a Exige S? or do you mean a esprit? or a older lotus?

Your insurance is going to be different by where you live, your driving record, and how long you've had your license. There are people who pay as low as $800 (6 months) to about $1500+(6 months). :shrug:

Hi all. So i've been admiring Lotus's, hmm is that the plural for Lotus? Pleaase inform lol.
LOL, dont get us started on this. Theres a whole thread about this. Just search and you will find it.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Lotus. One Lotus. Many Lotus. :D

Welcome!

I suggest you price the Lotus you lilke, then call an insurance company and get some bids.

There are MANY variables!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i'll take a look, i'm thinking Lotii :). I meant, typically it is considered a rather nice car, and so insurance is expensive, i wanted a model where insurance would be cheaper. I live in uk, i'd imagine it wud be rather high but i'm getting quotes now

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Welcome!

In the real world, the plural of lotus is lotuses. However, the car company Lotus (with a capital "L") apparently has declared that the plural of their car is Lotus. My girlfriend refers to the plural form of Lotus as "Loditti". I'm sticking with Lotuses and cannot be convinced otherwise. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome Scotty

i dont know what you mean by something other than a typical lotus? Do you mean a regular Elise rather than a Elise SC? or Elise rather than a Exige S? or do you mean a esprit? or a older lotus?

Your insurance is going to be different by where you live, your driving record, and how long you've had your license. There are people who pay as low as $800 (6 months) to about $1500+(6 months). :shrug:

LOL, dont get us started on this. Theres a whole thread about this. Just search and you will find it.
Believe it or not I only pay $900 a year! Yes, I know that is cheap for insuring this car...I guess when you are an old geezer like me (almost 40) they take some pity on you!!rotfl

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cactus, cacti.
Lotus, Loti. It's unofficial, but it works for me.

Welcome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I only pay $286 for full coverage for 6 months, and I'm 26. Gotta love it when you are friends with your agent!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I only pay $286 for full coverage for 6 months, and I'm 26. Gotta love it when you are friends with your agent!!!! :clap:
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

that is officially the LOWEST insurance i've heard for the lotus.....

you sure its $286 for 6 months???

·
Registered
26 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

that is officially the LOWEST insurance i've heard for the lotus.....

you sure its $286 for 6 months???
100% correct. I'm in car sales, I sell his entire family. He does good by me, and I do good by him. I have never heard anything that low either! I pay more on my other 3!!! No idea how I did it, and frankly it doesn't bother me. As long as it says full coverage etc. it works for me!!!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
100% correct. I'm in car sales, I sell his entire family. He does good by me, and I do good by him. I have never heard anything that low either! I pay more on my other 3!!! No idea how I did it, and frankly it doesn't bother me. As long as it says full coverage etc. it works for me!!!
nice

any idea how i can get low coverage like that?? rotfl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts