The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the trigger on another Elise. It is more in line with what I am looking for. I really just want a fun track car and something for my son to drive (if he keeps his crap together). He is only 14 right now. I found a wide-body out of seattle which is a great starting point for my project.

With the help of Park Place we got the deal done and it should be shipping to the east cost tomorrow!

Nice list of current mods, and motor and suspension will be my nice projects.
  • BOE Intake
  • Larini Exhaust
  • Larini Cat Delete
  • Radium Dual Catch Can
  • Shifter Bushings
  • Industry Garage Widebody Kit
  • OEM Hardtop
  • GRP Black Gel Coat Lip
  • APR Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • GRP CF Side Scoops
  • GRP Tow Hook
  • Custom Suede Interior
  • OPM Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
  • Nitron Full Adjustable Coilovers
  • 16” / 17” Work M1 Wheels
I will be going with supercharger (not sure what one. I bought a katana but may change direction for this). I want to build the power, but not to the point where it breaks stuff all the time.

Now I have a chrome orange 05 to sell. ;) I bought it sight unseen. When I got it a fewm months back, the car was all orig 27k mile 2-owner car and way too nice to butcher up, drill the deck and put wing on etc and mod all up. So....when I get around to it, I will be selling the 05 orange one and keeping this to play with.

·
Administrator
7,544 Posts
Keep both and have twice the fun!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep both and have twice the fun!

Love the way you think! But that might be a little hard to justify :D
I could POSSIBLY see if they were very different cars and experiences, but cant in any way see the need to have two cars with so similar experience to drive.

I do love the little orange one, but I am sure I can find a home for it for a guy looking for an orignal car vs a modded one. After getting it, I felt like it would be a sin to molest it. I was going to just go ahead and start modding. I bought a supercharger, header, exhaust...etc. but this car popped up and it will be the perfect fit for what I want to do.

·
Administrator
7,544 Posts
Love the way you think! But that might be a little hard to justify :D
I could POSSIBLY see if they were very different cars and experiences, but cant in any way see the need to have two cars with so similar experience to drive.

I do love the little orange one, but I am sure I can find a home for it for a guy looking for an orignal car vs a modded one. After getting it, I felt like it would be a sin to molest it. I was going to just go ahead and start modding. I bought a supercharger, header, exhaust...etc. but this car popped up and it will be the perfect fit for what I want to do.

When I went looking for mine I placed a WTB for modded to save time, money and possibility of an incomplete project, Just place FS ad when you're ready they don't last long in CO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I went looking for mine I placed a WTB for modded to save time, money and possibility of an incomplete project, Just place FS ad when you're ready they don't last long in CO.

Yea....I havent even titled the car yet ;) I have only put about 300 miles on it since buying it. Clint from Gashead did my prebuy on it. Cam inspections...etc. Said it was 'as clean as they come'. Just needed full fluids etc which I did when I got the car.

I have a bad habit of buying stuff and then 'forgetting' to get rid of other things. The motivation is I am out of garage space. So I was thinking about over the next week or two getting some nice pics...etc.

I considered BAT also, but I will probably put it up here real quick to see if there is any interest. I am just outside Charlotte NC.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
@itsagoodday I concur about keeping the orange unmolested, major props! Hell if you hold on to the orange for a while you may get another $5-10k.

Reactions: Carguy437

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I saw that one posted on craigslist! Car looks awesome! Congrats, hope the build goes well 😁.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@itsagoodday I concur about keeping the orange unmolested, major props! Hell if you hold on to the orange for a while you may get another $5-10k.
Yea. Finding a nice clean car is tough. But finding one full stock can be a challenge. While I am not a purist, I can recognize the desire to have an orig car.

I think trying to predict the car game and values is about impossible. I will sell when I get around to it. "Holding" on to it might not be a bad idea, but I just am out of space. AND I told my wife I was going to sell it. THAT is the bigger challenge ;) It is great to have a supportive spouse. But I know when my limits are being reached! :D It will make someone a nice car and it really lit the fire for me on how AWESOME these cars are.

For me personally, (and some here might take it the wrong way) but I want just a little more oomph out of it. And since I have a teen age son who will be driving soon, the idea of big wings and wide body push all the right buttons. (For him AND me!). I have never had a over the top car in this way. I dont consider my Huracan 'over the top' even though it is modified and pushing almost 900hp. It still blends in as a 'normal' car. I want to make the lotus kinda crazy in a fun and functional way track based. I am working to put together inspiration for a fun livery to top it all off!

SUPER excited about this project

I think I saw that one posted on craigslist! Car looks awesome! Congrats, hope the build goes well 😁.
Yep...I am trolling all the time for stuff. (even though I shouldnt be!) I am bought it sight unseen and it could not be further from me. But sometimes you take a shot with something!

·
Less is Better
2,950 Posts
I can see how you'd have no problem with
Absolutely gorgeous car! Congrats! I’ve always loved the s3 front end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's still an S2 front end, the blinkers are filled in, among other things :)

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
219 Posts
Glad to see that you kept the orange car in original shape. I was one of those buyers — looking for a clean orange one — and I was glad when I found mine in original condition.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car got here today! Already down to the shop for full fluids, alignment and track inspection on Wed. Fantastic starting point for a build Needs a little clean up work cosmetically, but it will all fall in line to where I want to take it. Safety first, and then performance taking the 1.8 up to the point where it putting out good power, but no passing the point of breaking a bunch of other stuff. Cosmetics will fall in there somewhere with a race inspired livery. Debating about smoothing in the panels or leaving exposed fasteners.

The stance of this car is so fun looking in person. Going to be a fantastic platform to share and enjoy on the track with my son!

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,297 Posts
Damn, that's sharp! Congrats!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn, that's sharp! Congrats!
VERY excited to start my 'shopping list'. This is going to be a fun project! I have not even advertised the orange one, and several locals already expressed interest in it. I may just sell local at bottom of the market to make it move and then move on with this project. Or I will get my act together and put it on BAT. Who knows!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So had the car in for quick service yesterday for full fluids, alignment and safety check. Today we were out on the track. This car is sooo much fun! FAR exceeding the feeling of the stock one. Car is very planted and I did not even push the limits of cornering in it. Just feeling it out. I actually let my son have more time in it today that I took. What else is better in life? During lunch, my son asked if he could take the car out for some parade laps. So that is the first time he ever got to drive a car by himself. BIG memories were made today and I love this car.

Going to start safety first, then work performance and cosmetics side by side to finish it out.

This was my best lap for the day. I am WAY under the braking limit of the car as you can see and not even coming close to breaking loose at sustained 1.1g cornering. Was a good way to get introduced to the car today and looking forward to more!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts