The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Ive been a lotus lover since I first saw an espirit back in 80's. First thought was ooo lambo. Hey I was like 12 or so. Anyway Im in process of getting college bills and others paid off and will be looking to get an elise this fall or next spring. Was wondering what I should look for to tell if the car has been tracked hard and anything in particular I should be looking for. Seen several cars posted going for 28k-35k. Was considering an sti but not after I found out used elises are the same price, plus its my dream car.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
congratulations on getting the bills out of the way first.
once you've driven a lotus you may never want to go back.
the elise/exige uses many generic powertrain parts so it's not terribly expensive to get another toyota engine and/or transmission.
i can't comment on your basic question but you have come to the place where the ones who really know can help.
you might give a general area where you are, someone may take you under their wing and fill you in on a lot of info.
good luck, sam

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Welcome!!! :wave:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome :wave:

i would say to PM Tesprit with any specific questions you have, he is like our resident Esprit expert :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Ive been reading a lot on this forum for the pass few weeks. Learning a lot. I live in Vermont so roads arent the best but a lot of twisty up and down fun! Currently own an impreza TS I was planning on doing an sti swap on but I think Ill keep that as my winter car/grocery getter and get an elise. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it hehe. Thanks and look forward to filling my head with more info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts