The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! Im thinking to purchase my first Lotus Exige 240 S this year. I was wondering when is the best time to buy a lotus exige? Im thinking of buying the touring pack with it. When is the time of the year when dealerships are wanting to get rid of their cars at a tad bit lower price. Also, is it possible to reach 300 just from bolt-ons and ecu flash?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hello everybody! Im thinking to purchase my first Lotus Exige 240 S this year. I was wondering when is the best time to buy a lotus exige? Im thinking of buying the touring pack with it. When is the time of the year when dealerships are wanting to get rid of their cars at a tad bit lower price. Also, is it possible to reach 300 just from bolt-ons and ecu flash?
LoL thats all I gotta say =)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Also, is it possible to reach 300 just from bolt-ons and ecu flash?
you mean the car doesnt come with 300?:eek:.....my stang be putt'n out 550 to the wheels yo!!!:rolleyes:

:wallbang:

:shrug::thwack:

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Before you try to push the car to 300hp I suggest you drive the factory version. The car will, even with an inexperienced driver, accelerate to 60 in the low 4's or high 3 range. That said, a Lotus is not really about 0-60 times. If that's what you are after, this is the wrong car.

Supplies are so limited on the Exige that waiting may not benefit you at all. This is not like buying a Mustang at your local Ford dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah well im not in a hurry at all.
drag isnt my sole purpose of buying this car
I wont race or anything with the car, im a car enthusiast.
I just wanted to know how much will light modding improve the car.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
The impact of adding 60Hp to get to 300 will not have the same impact as adding 60HP to get to 240. A 300 HP Exige wilol likely push the top speed into the low 160s and give you a 0-60 sprint around 3.7 sec.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I'm sure you are a more than capable and skilled driver, but it's been said many many many times before on LTalk to new Lotus owners - "drive it first, then decide if you need to mod."

A Elise/Exige out of the box is a LOT more car and tuned for performance. You simply can not take experiences with cars of other marques and expect them to apply to a stock Lotus.

Okay... I'll step off my soapbox...

Just enjoy the car (what ever way you like), that's the real bottomline!

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,106 Posts
if you are after power, then scut on over the the sh#t-stang forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts