The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy,
Im new to this forum, and joined because I have such a fascination with the 2007 exige S I believe it is. I have auto x a little and have a few years karting experience. As of now I am setting a goal to get one here in the near future. What is the overall consensus on the car, and is there a particular thing I should be looking for in one? Also I daily drive and stock 06 STi if anyone has drove both an STi and exige how dose the exiges power compare to the STi's I realize they are way way way different cars and may be non comparable. Should I go for something with more power than the exige or is it a good choice for my next ride?:nanner:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had an 05 STi and they are nothing alike. It's like comparing apples to oranges. After I sold my STi I test drove probably 10-15 cars and wasn't impressed. This includes the GTI, Evo, 370Z Nismo, Genesis track edition, M Coupe (both platforms,) E36 and E46 M3...the list goes on.

Nothing really compared to my STi and I was getting depressed that I sold it. Then I test drove the Elise. It is truly a drivers' car and I ended up getting an 06 Exige. My husband and I have a Yamaha 100CC Super Can as well, and he races competitively (I just do laps.) The STi has more torque but feels like a big sloppy car in comparison. In fact, thinking about it, I don't miss the STi at all any more. My Exige isn't an S and I am still more than thrilled to have it. I don't feel like I am lacking power.

I'm a fan of buying stock cars. My STi was stock and I knew it wasn't messed with by some kid. Now, kids (or their parents) can afford Elises/Exiges so you can run into the same BS. In my experience, it is much easier to sell a stock car as well. I prefer starting that way so if I do think it needs mods, I have a chance to get to know the car and then make an educated decision.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Welcome! Just a couple thoughts. When looking for a car make sure the mods were done by a professional shop. Also when you pick one mae sure to take it to a dealer for an inspection and ECU dump and analysis. For about $300.00 or less you can have a comprehensive analysis of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts