1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looks fantastic! :DV:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I'm usually not a big fan of black.... I may have to rethink that that now!

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Do you get a reflection in the windshield from the CF binnacle and vent covers?
I've got a glossy CF binnacle too. Here's the answer: Polarized sunglasses.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Car looks great and 'wicked'.

That being said, I do want to make a suggestion. Your airbag cover. It appears your shot just glued a leather overlay to the airbag cover. While it looks great, it might not function properly.

If you notice, there's a horizontal separation line on the OEM cover. That's to allow it to split open and airbag to deploy. The glued leather cover on yours may (will) impact the ability for that to happen.

I had my prior Elise covered in alcantara. The guy who did the wheel (Yellow99s here on the forum) does high end interiors for a living. He scored the line to allow the airbag to do it's job if (God forbid) needed.

It if was my car, I'd have the shop recover it, but score that line (perforation perhaps). Shouldn't be more than an hour of work.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Never was a big fan of glossy carbon, but it works here. Well done!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you get a reflection in the windshield from the CF binnacle and vent covers?
Never experienced blinding sunlight reflections but the moving reflections of overhead lamps while driving through tunnels looks really cool!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car looks great and 'wicked'.

That being said, I do want to make a suggestion. Your airbag cover. It appears your shot just glued a leather overlay to the airbag cover. While it looks great, it might not function properly.

If you notice, there's a horizontal separation line on the OEM cover. That's to allow it to split open and airbag to deploy. The glued leather cover on yours may (will) impact the ability for that to happen.
Good point. The solution in my case is the round leather on the steering wheel has a horizontal cut on the backside that is deep enough to let the leather break in case the airbag opens, but until then it is invisible from the outside.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts