The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been thinking about it for a while now and decided that it's time to SC the Taco. Of course it only makes sense for friends to drag each other into the same snake pit (that being when the wives find out-eek-), so I talked a buddy into ordering a blower for his Tacoma as well. His is an '02 and mine is the newer body style, '06. Most are seeing about 300whp out of the newer body style... Not too shabby for a little truck with 4x4 and 4 doors... :shift:

The older body style has a much smaller engine, so the gains aren't nearly as high, but the truck is smaller too. I'm told they'll get with the program with a huffer as well...

Just thought some may be interested...

Best,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...

I started my days as TurboPhil back in the 90s with Turbo Buicks... I love those cars...'er atleast the engine.... I never let loose of the handle... I still do prefer Turbos, but the tuning is a bear on vehicles where the tuning is so monopolized like ours. I love what Charlie does, but to tinker with a Turbo setup requires the ability to tune, and I don't see the current EFI configuration as a *great* alternative. Unfortunately, the Tacoma side of things isn't a whole lot better... so it's Super Chargers for now:shrug:

Best,

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts