The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after her long winter slumber, Luci is back on the road, only she got a few new toys. I did the shift matrix bushing insert mod thingy, Powerflex motor mounts, Sector111 front steering arms (which made a surprising difference, and, OH how I love how the added camber feels), a new alignment, new oil, new tranny fluid (the special cocktail), new air filter (since the old one was plugged solid, but I doubt that mattered since it turned out the airbox lid wasn't even closed at the far side, and been that way since I got the car last year). Then yesterday, I went over to the dealership and picked up the Lotus Sports shear panel kit, and the Cup airbox. Hope to get the panel in this weekend, but the airbox will probably wait since I just did a filter. I've had the car long enough, and I've fixed enough little things (and a bunch or rattles) I'm thinking I might find the time this summer to get back on the track a time or two.

Long story short, she is driving better than ever! Now if only it was 20 degrees like last week, and not this 2 degree stuff....

Happy motoring everyone!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Stan's shifter mod"
yeah, thats the one i think. Where you put a spacer in between the existing hole in the matrix, and the existing un used nut in the floor. Only I had to drill the hole for mine of course, nothing is ever simple for me....

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sector111 front steering arms (which made a surprising difference, and, OH how I love how the added camber feels)
Been interested in this parts for a short bit. Seems the front of my Exige has some play; feels like worn ball joints/spherical bushings & there is a good amount of bumpsteer as well. Figured I would look in to the play/clunking & check in to these arms in series.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were really easy to install, and after i did, everything was bang on, no alignment needed :D (well, in the back there was, it does not hold its toe settings for some reason) but the front was bang on 1/32 toe in, and -1.9 degree both sides. took 2 hours maybe, most of which was ball joints. great looking, great feel, and bump steer is totally gone in my car now, and the added camber is amazing. If you are doing ball joints, it would be a good time to invest in these as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts