The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 2- Eleven with 6500 track miles on original tranny and clutch.....3rd gear gone.

Was the OEM tranny and LSD on my 2-11 a celica oem tranny? {toyota part 30300-2D012}……………does this Toyota celica tranny have a lsd built in?

Can I just plug and play this Toyota tranny and lsd and have the same thing that was in there?

It has worked for me for 10 years and 6500 track miles.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,176 Posts
Nope, the ratios are a bit longer on the Celica box. Not sure if it has a LSD. We have a rebuilt box on the shelf with stronger 3rd & 4th (SSC gears) + CF Synchros with an open diff. Call me if you are interested (951)296-6762

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
The celica box is the same other than 6th... So if you used 6th on the track, that's a consideration. If not, NBD.

If you do use 6th, then pull the 6th from the Lotus box and drop it into the Celica box. it's easy and only requires removing the 3rd outer case and a gear puller. Super easy swap for a trans swap or a capable DIY'er...

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The celica box is the same other than 6th... So if you used 6th on the track, that's a consideration. If not, NBD.

If you do use 6th, then pull the 6th from the Lotus box and drop it into the Celica box. it's easy and only requires removing the 3rd outer case and a gear puller. Super easy swap for a trans swap or a capable DIY'er...

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks Phil!
I need your track car btw!!!! Looks awesome on BaT
So the celica tranny has a LSD in it correct? Is it the same LSD that was in the OEM box that came on my 2-11

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shinoo hope all is well —-i will give you a shout once the west coast wakes up

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
New tranny? Could not resist this Jay

user4_pic406_1262824669.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Doc, none of the 2008 2-Elevens were delivered from the factory with LSD, as far as I know. There were no options but for selection of color.

Are you sure that yours has a LSD?

Subsequent model-year 2-Elevens could be ordered with various options, one being LSD; typically, it was the Torsin unit.

As Phil mentioned, the Toyota box is the same as your stock trans but for a taller 6th -- it does not come standard with LSD.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,090 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts