The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD NEW Trevor Geiger LED Halo Ring kit - both hi and low beams.

First - NO SEALED BEAMS... so 2005 & 2006's only? (not sure of sealed beam years)
Second - If you have the embellisher rings installed around your low beams, you will either need to remove them (easy) or shave them down to accept the upper rings. Plugs into existing parking bulb socket. These are new & uninstalled. Plug and play. $69 shipped, paypal is [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Would be cool if a version of this was available as a reasonable LED tail light conversion instead of the insanely priced Lotus bits.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - that is my understanding on the 06's. The 05's have no drl's, so it replaces that puny little bulb (parking lights?) in the headlight assembly.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes - that is my understanding on the 06's. The 05's have no drl's, so it replaces that puny little bulb (parking lights?) in the headlight assembly.
On the unmodified 06s all the "DRL function" does is turns on the low beam headlight and parking light bulb whenever the car is set to run. So the halos would come on as "DRLs" but so would the low beams.

If I had these on an '06 I'd delete the DRL (important if you do HIDs, because otherwise the HID ballasts get abused every time the car starts) and just drive with the lights set to "parking light" during the day. You'd get side markers, tail lights, and halos illuminated.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i hate drl's. That's why i like the 05's. That and the throttle cable. Yup - the '06 "drl delete mod" is an upgrade to the '05 architecture. Funny.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
25 guests on this thread? Those are not bots gentlemen - maybe a few, but i think we have an audience here at LT. We should do a thread on that...who's here and why....

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sale is pending to pro10is4life, awaiting paypal. Patrick is #2.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
up to 30 guests...wow.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOLD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts