The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Trim Shop interior in. Took a few months, but it did happen.
My original vision was a bit more brown, in fact we ordered "Rust". Burnt Orange is what came. It sure is vivid, but I'm OK with it. Worlds more comfortable and higher quality than my original 05 Biscuit interior. The embroidery is just what I ordered. Engine covers and console from Chuck Risen.
Now to decide whether to cut the seats for a 6 point harness, or just buy a track only seat for my 8 or so weekends per year. Harness in black, or silver?
No Halloween jokes please.

Attachments

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Reverse pumpkin? :D

haha sorry I couldn't help myself...

My thoughts:

1. Craftsmanship looks excellent.
2. Color is different but it fits the car.
3. The wheels are awesome :drool:

Very nice work :up: I'd totally drive that.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Finally got the Trim Shop interior in. Took a few months, but it did happen.
My original vision was a bit more brown, in fact we ordered "Rust". Burnt Orange is what came. It sure is vivid, but I'm OK with it. Worlds more comfortable and higher quality than my original 05 Biscuit interior. The embroidery is just what I ordered. Engine covers and console from Chuck Risen.
Now to decide whether to cut the seats for a 6 point harness, or just buy a track only seat for my 8 or so weekends per year. Harness in black, or silver?
No Halloween jokes please.
Harness in black. No question to me that would look good. :up:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well done, good call on the Club Sport details, too! :clap:

Could the Trim Shop also put harness slots in if requested with the other details?

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We went the rounds about the sub strap holes. I'm not saying I understand it, but there is some issue about selling "racing" products for a street car (some federal regulations, I guess :shrug:). But what about the openings for the shoulder belts? Exactly. :huh: I sure did want them to do it, but it just was not going to happen. There has been plenty of discussion here about this point, many have found a way to "gracefully" place an opening in an expensive custom seat. It's either do that or go with a limited variety of real race seats :confused: That's why I thought about getting a race seat to put in (four bolts) for track day.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very cool. For those of us who have been thinking about ordering from the Lotus Trim Shop but have heard horror stories, would you tell us a bit more about the process. Exactly how many months from start to finish to process the order? Who did you order from? How much per seat? Etc.

Thanks.

(P.S. You should re-paint your engine covers orange to match!)

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered through local dealer, Lotus of Durham. I gave them a check at the VIR Lotus track day in March. It took just over 3 months, not really too long considering. They even sent a guy up to Asheville (3 hours) to deliver them for gas money.
Total cost was something over $3,000 for six pieces: seats, door panels, boots. Order forms say that they can send a swatch of material to confirm what you are getting. I was not able to really confirm the colors available, it seems there was a slight reluctance to do a non US color. I was actually going for the color of the Europa we have seen in photos. This was what I sent along.

lotus_europa_s_with_luxury_touring_pack_option_interior_2.jpg

I had expected the green stitching to be more evident too. I'm not really complaining, just want anyone else who places an order to be able to specify their ideas a bit better. Overall, it's great to have and enjoy. Seems a bit faster too.

Interesting idea to repaint the engine covers orange. Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ordered through local dealer, Lotus of Durham. I gave them a check at the VIR Lotus track day in March. It took just over 3 months, not really too long considering. They even sent a guy up to Asheville (3 hours) to deliver them for gas money.
Total cost was something over $3,000 for six pieces: seats, door panels, boots. Order forms say that they can send a swatch of material to confirm what you are getting. I was not able to really confirm the colors available, it seems there was a slight reluctance to do a non US color. I was actually going for the color of the Europa we have seen in photos. This was what I sent along.

View attachment 86656

I had expected the green stitching to be more evident too. I'm not really complaining, just want anyone else who places an order to be able to specify their ideas a bit better. Overall, it's great to have and enjoy. Seems a bit faster too.

If you want an Orange set just why not buy a new set and get them painted as they are not expensive from the dealer? If you sent me a swatch of the leather I am sure I could come up with a color that was close however it would have higher gloss. Making it the same gloss level would be a little expensive and would take some experimenting.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anymore opinions on black vs. silver harness? Red vs. orange engine cover?

·
Registered
847 Posts

View attachment 86656

-eek- wow! care to add a few more pics?

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I'm curious how you're going to fit your harnesses as well...5 or 6 point would mean cutting out a slot in your seat?
I know this has been discussed with much controversy as well, and is what is holding me back from ordering the Probax custom seats...though they look simply awesome!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anymore opinions on black vs. silver harness? Red vs. orange engine cover?
Hey Bob,

Interior looks great... big difference from the last time I saw the car. As for the harnesses... I'd definitely go for black. One thing though - If you're getting new harnesses, you might want to look at the Profi II ASM FE's (with sub straps). Only reason I'm saying that is that I know you can get the lap belt in a Pull Up configuration. I've got the pull down's and I'm going to replace them. HMS sells them:

Schroth Competition Belts // Profi ASM 4 Point Harnesses // Profi II ASM // HMS Motorsport

As for the sub hole... I had my seats cut for the sub hole by a shop in Raleigh. They did a good job and it looks like a factory install. I know that everyone's got an opinion about cutting these seats, but I think that it's still safer to have that slot cut than running a 4-point.

- Reg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts