The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I picked up a "new to me" 2007 Elise from John Scotti about 2 weeks ago. I have been driving it so much I haven't had a chance to post about it yet. =)

I've seen a few threads lately from folks in Canada looking for a used Elise. I know how hard it was for me to find a used Elise. I went to Gentry Lane and the salesperson told me that their customers almost always buyout the lease so I had little chance of finding a used Elise at Gentry.

I went home and emailed John Scotti and within minutes Bernard Durand emailed back and promised he would keep an eye out for me. 2 days later he had me lined up with an 07 titanium Elise with 16k on the odometer. I have never had such an easy car purchase. If anyone is looking for an Elise I would without hesitation recommend Bernard Durand at John Scotti. If you need to ring him it's:

Bernard Durand
Tel:514-735-0555 ext: 224
[email protected]

And if you are curious - no he didn't give me a discount if I posted something online recommending him. =) Honestly, it was hands down the easiest car purchase of my life. No "johnson rod" charges -- just the car plus tax. They bent over backwards with all my requests (ECU printout, pics, etc) before I drove down to Montreal.

If anyone ends up contacting him as a result of this thread, tell him that David from Ontario who bought the 07 Titanium from him recommended him!

Okay - thats enough of a post. Time to drive around!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would have also bought from Bernard, but I found a private sale. The guys at John Scotti are the nicest car salesmen I've ever met. I'm sure I will buy something from them one day!

Tim

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Everything I've heard about Bernard has been the top. I'm not too sure to what extent his involvement was with bringing the Elise to Canada, but I specifically remember him laying out the numbers on ET regarding Canadian interest and actual deposits, the interest I'm sure he passed onto LCU. Either way, he is of value to the Canadian and greater Lotus community. I'm glad you could be placed in a Lotus with such ease!

·
Registered
81 Posts
the kid rocks bought mine from him hes the best in the biz i drove from toronto to pick it up they opened on saturday just for me to get my car best out there i busted up the front clam (thats for another post) looks like i will be sending the car down to him to fix it

i still roll with the John Scotti plate on the front (well not now since ....) i will be buying my Evora from him
i bought the Elise from him site un secne and they took my trade on my word too nothing but good things to say

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bernard Durand: nice guy, professional attitude, open-minded and honest, supportive of local motorsports events. :up:

John Scotti himself: beware !

Scotti service department: run or drive away, as fast as you can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bernard Durand: nice guy, professional attitude, open-minded and honest, supportive of local motorsports events. :up:

John Scotti himself: beware !

Scotti service department: run or drive away, as fast as you can.
You've got my attention as I'm contemplating a purchase there. Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree ... Bernard was great!

The first time I was in the dealership ... there was another customer in the showroom (older guy, well dressed), if it was a Honda/GM/Toyota/Ford/etc dealer they would have pushed me out of the way to get to the other customer, but everyone I spoke to was very nice and treated me with respect.

Service: I am still not sure how I got charged for warantee work? Even after it was explained to me twice, I still have to scratch my head as to how it cost me to have things repaired on warantee??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts