The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to give a big shout out to my boy SweetDaddyDelicious over in A-town!

The new vinyl is off the hook G! :nanner2:

elise with 106.jpg

I'll post track pics in a couple of weeks-

BTW Keith, what's the word on the black center caps?

Mike D out!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Does staying at a Holiday Inn Express improve driving capabilities like in the commercials? Sorry I noticed the sign in the background.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Thank you for posting the pics! Glad to have another happy customer.

Still shooting for end of this month on the black and brushed aluminum wheel centers (hmmm that is getting close isn't it?)

I think any other questions were already answered.

Did you take out the pinstripe inside the letters or can you just not see the detail in the photos?

Keith

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cut out numbers, and non-reusable vinyl- :up:
What is "non-reusable vinyl? One race and it falls to pieces? can it be made in a static cling that can be applied for a day then removed and reused later?

Keith and Phantom: Looks awesome.

Steve

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
What is "non-reusable vinyl? One race and it falls to pieces? can it be made in a static cling that can be applied for a day then removed and reused later?

Keith and Phantom: Looks awesome.

Steve
Is is not non-removable by any means, just not reusable. I much prefer it to static, but most people here prefer my static ones so they can re-use them. (now new and improved with instructions too! lol)

I use only high quality materials, so it's far from going to fall apart in one race. That material is rated for continuous outdoor exposure for 10 years! It even holds up on boats just fine for many years on end. Part of that life rating is not only that it stays looking good, won't crack and fade, etc- but also can be removed easily for that length of time without leaving a bunch of gunk all over your paint.

It's not a surprise that it's common for low internet price shoppers get low quality for their low price. Kind of goes with that whole law of business thing. I don't even carry a material that is rated for less than 6 years (well except for the chromes and other metallized films). Most places will sell you an indoor sign vinyl that will be shot in about 6 months and hard to remove. It means a low price for you and a good profit for them. I find the stuff a pain to work with, so I don't even carry it, not even for use on indoor signs. But if you were to compare 2 extremes- one vinyl is 25 cents per foot, and one is 6 dollars per foot- which end of that scale do you think most people are going to go with? lol, I'm the other guy. Then again I drive a Lotus instead of a Hyundai. Especially on the internet- most people come to you looking for the lowest price rather than the best quality. I'll tell you straight up, you can usually find a better price than me, but there is usually a reason for that too. I actually just ran into that scenario with a popular vendor, the price point they wanted (and I guess were quoted by someone else) was less than my wholesale material cost (not to mention that by working from home I have ZERO overhead). Again the 25 cents per foot VS several $ per foot thing. Which do you think their supplier was using? Lets hope that free decal they give you doesn't turn into a permanent addition to your paint a year down the road because they save a buck to go with a product that will last 6 months over one that will last 10 years.

Sorry that turned into a rant.
Overall I really do enjoy working with my fellow Lotus owners because as a group you guys usually do tend to have a mindset more like me and don't mind paying a little bit more to get a lot better quality. Heck this is the only group of guys that I've had people say I didn't charge them enough and send a little extra, send a gift or card down the road, give me a part at their cost, or pick up a beer when we meet up, etc. Who wouldn't like working for a group like that? :bow:

If anyone here ever has any graphics question, e-mail or call me at any time. Even if I don't do your job I'll be more than happy to give you your answer or explain your options. 770-530-8626.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts