The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in need of new tires on my 2011 Evora and am considering getting new wheels to go with them. Any recommendations? 18/19 vs 19/20? And is it taboo to go with non-Lotus wheels? I’m new to Lotus and don’t want to cheesify my ride.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
My Evora 400 came with the cheaper cast wheel option so knew right away I wanted to change to forged. I HethelSport to get them for me. Sherman knows Lotuses very well and has different specs for offsets depending how aggressive you want to go want. He uses BCFORGED wheels and I’m very happy with them. They have a large selection of designs, reasonable priced and had in 4 weeks. HethelSport | Lotus Evora Specialty

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out Hethelsport. Your car looks great, by the way!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Chrome Orange, what mods did you do to your Evora?
I've only done a few things to my car…. :D

Exterior:
6K carbon fiber HKFever GT4 wing.
HethelSport GTE front bumper with carbon fiber accents.
HethelSport GTE rear bumper with carbon fiber accents.
GTS lower A Panels
HethelSport GTE carbon fiber Radiator Vent Louvers
6K carbon fiber HKFever A Pillers
6K carbon fiber HKFever Barge Boards
6K carbon fiber HKFever side scoops
6K carbon fiber HKFever rear diffuser with
6K carbon fiber HKFever mirror caps
6K carbon fiber HKFever sail (vent.) panel
6K carbon fiber engine cover
6K carbon fiber HKFever front access panel
BC Forged Monoblock RS41 19/20 Custom HethelSport Spec Rims
OEM '12 Red Brake Calipers
Bespoke stainless straight exhaust
GRP V3 Taillights
Euro foglight
Lotus Sports Racer emblems
KI Studios stripes

Interior:
'12 Evora steering wheel custom covered by Craft Customs
Euro light panel switch
Painted HVAC Panel (Chrome Orange)
Chrome shift gater surround
Lotus Sports Racer Shift Knob
Passenger mounted H3R fire ext.

Other:
BOE CAI
Custom CHMSL mounting pod
'12 battery cover upgrade
Extended Oil Filler Neck/ Billet Cap

At least that's what I remember off the top of my head ....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! It looks amazing. Did you do the work yourself, or did you hire it out? I think mine will need a paint job at some point soon, so it may be an opportunity to upgrade the front or rear bumpers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What is the consensus about all season tires for the Evora? I have a 2017 Evora 400. I would like to be able to drive it in conditions other than dry/above 70 degrees but am not sure if its going to be worth the cost of getting another set of wheels with all season tires. I have a Mercedes SL with pilot sport A/S tires which I like a lot. Has anyone tried these on the Evora?

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Wow! It looks amazing. Did you do the work yourself, or did you hire it out? I think mine will need a paint job at some point soon, so it may be an opportunity to upgrade the front or rear bumpers.
Aside from the actual painting of the bumpers, I did it myself (I've sprayed cars in the past but I have developed a bad sensitivity to Isocyanates).

·
Registered
146 Posts
I third or fourth? BC and I’ve known about BC wheels since they first started making them over a decade ago. They’ve been a survivor to all the other fly-by-night forged wheel companies that have come and gone because they offer a quality product at an excellent price and most importantly, they deliver on time as promised...

Also, Sherman’s prices on BC wheels are excellent. I just got my set in yesterday and installed them today, in fact. (more pics to come later....;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts