The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a lot of back and forth. I made my decision on Forgestar CF5, color is textured gunmetal. These are pretty much Corvette Sizes, 18X9 front, 19X11 rear. I had to use adapters for the purpose of bolt pattern conversion, hub centric fitment & getting to my desired offset. I was originally thinking some deep dish look, but decided to be different. Some people tole me concave is a little more trendy now. I like how it turns out.

As far as offset, these stick out 20mm more in the rear and 8mm more in the front comparing to stock wheels. Tires are Bridgestone RE11 225 40 18 front & 305 30 19 rear. No rubbing at all. The best thing is, the textured gunmetal colors hides the brake dust. Haha!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Very brutish, racing looking; in a good way. What kind of exhaust is that?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Holy crap Alan!!! That looks sick!!! Congrats and welcome to the club. I think everyone should move on and change their wheels to a more modern look and size. Can't wait to see it in person.

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks.

The exhaust is custom made, basically how everyone do straight pipes coming out from the cats, and this one happens to be dual tip on each side because I like that look. Basically like the photo below, 2.25 inlet, 3" staggered tips.

Here is a video:

Very brutish, racing looking; in a good way. What kind of exhaust is that?

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup...I'm enjoying it...I'm really enjoying the more trendy textured gunmetal look & wheels looking like new all the time haha!

Holy crap Alan!!! That looks sick!!! Congrats and welcome to the club. I think everyone should move on and change their wheels to a more modern look and size. Can't wait to see it in person.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Looks and sounds great Alan!

Thanks for your help on the phone tonight with the center exhaust!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wheels look good Alan,congrats.

Welcome to the dual tip club :)

Alan

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nice rims Alan, very plain, which I think plain is good. :clap:
Nothing looks more disgusting than 'Bling' wheels that steal the attention away from the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts