The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My favorite wheels have always been the BBS motorsports wheels.

A few months ago on BAT a guy offered some wheels that came from his V8 Esprit race car to the winner of a recent auction. I was curious.

Turns out the seller of the wheels was local, the wheels were 17" and 3 piece BBS. And the price was reasonable.

Of course I had just committed to an expensive brake system over haul (delete ABS back date to the Servo and Master Cyl type system).

I had to have them. The seller was gracious and let me save up a bit and gently broach the subject with the wife.

ANy way here they are.

Now I have to save up for tires ;-)

The wheels were designed to run 245/40 up front and 275/40 in the rear. I think they are 8.5" wide front and 10 or 11" rear.

Super excited! I hope you like them.

The old wheels are for sale if interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Apparently the new wheel/tire combo is generating additional downforce, allowing the car to run upside down on the ceiling. Nice!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,954 Posts
Apparently the new wheel/tire combo is generating additional downforce, allowing the car to run upside down on the ceiling. Nice!
Notice that he had to fit stands to prevent the suspension from bottoming out???

(Sorry, Erik but: LOL)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was in a hurry when I posted and turning the photos over on my end did not work.

If I get a minute I will look up how to turn them around. I think I have to change the size slightly?

Any body have any cheap 17" take off tires I can use to get on the road :)

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
The pictures on my Mac desktop are upside down.

But the pictures on Tapatalk app on my iPhone are correct orientation.

Go figure.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the wheels mounted up.

Much wider and much lighter than stock.

Ended up with:

Rear 275/40/17 Federal 595 SS
Front 235/40/17 Federal 595 SS

vs stock 215/40 and 245/45

Its really striking the way the wheels and tires fill the wheel wells like the V8 cars.

Very excited,, eventually will put some R compound Toyo RA1 or similar on but for now these relatively cheap tires will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks really nice, I love big meaty rear tires. How are they for parking on the ceilings? :grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts