The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the tires for the SE getting almost impossible to find, I decided to get a set of "using wheels" and lay my stock wheels and good matching tires away in a dark place for the majority of my driving.

Wheels are 1/4" narrower front and back than the V8 rims, so basically the same. running 275/35/18 BGF T/A KDW's in the back and the 235/40/17 KDW's in front. Offset on the back is off by 3mm from stock but needed 3/8" spacers in the front, so overall not bad as far as trying to match the stock V8 wheels without spending $4k for Novas or HRE's (not saying I wouldn't prefer the Nova's or HRE's, but I'm still waiting for my Lotto win!). These wheels were around $1k delivered to my local wheel shop.

I also didn't want to go with something that looked too new for the car, and wanted to have something that maybe looked like it may have been stock to the average Joe. I think these are close to accomplishing that.

I think the gold goes well with the green, might not be everybody's taste, but I'm happy with the results!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They fill out the fender wells nicely, no spacers required in the rear.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hi.
That wheel looks very nice-to me-.
Could you post sume more pics. of the fronts as well.
Please.
Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hey that looks really nice! Photos of the entire car please. Not that I am looking but maybe post where you got them and brand?

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
great wheel choice, poor tire choice though - tires look cool and perform ok but get them worn down a bit and they are noisey and usually cup/feather on every car i've seen them on, perhaps esprit is light enough it wont matter?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wheels are from XXR, they were custom drilled from the factory, apparently a few other people have requested the 5x108 bolt pattern and they were told that they won't do that bolt pattern, so....maybe the helpful person that helped me quit or something.

Rears are 18 x 9.75 with a 20mm offset, fronts are 17 x 8.25 with a 30mm offset and 10mm spacers.

Wheels are 73mm center bore so I got my spacers made for the front to be 60x73 hubcentric, local tire shop had hubcentric rings in stock for the rears.

As far as the BFG's go, the rears were free and the fronts were a really good deal, so I won't be devestated if they aren't my dream tires. I do like the tread pattern, it's cool!

What you can't see in the pics is a pallet of stuff on the driveway that prevents me from pulling the car out. I'll snap a full side shot with fronts and rears sometime this week.

Jeff

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, got some photos of the whole car including fronts for those that were interested.

[/URL][/IMG]

Front fit with the 3/8" spacers:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That green just pops out! Love that shade.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Those gold wheels do look like they "came with the car"--beautiful color green (for both BRG cars). I'm a huge fan of the gold/silver combo on the G-Esprit BBS rims, too.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hi.
Could you give us a couple of side shots please.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi.
Could you give us a couple of side shots please.
Hey Mike, This is as close as I've got to a side shot right now. It's pissing rain here, supposed to be until the weekend. I'll get a side shot next time it's decent out....normally I wouldn't care but I just waxed it and don't want water spots on it unless I'm going for a run...:rolleyes:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hey Mike, This is as close as I've got to a side shHot right now. It's pissing rain here, supposed to be until the weekend. I'll get a side shot next time it's decent out....normally I wouldn't care but I just waxed it and don't want water spots on it unless I'm going for a run...:rolleyes:

[/URL][/IMG]
Hi.
You really made a good call on those wheels.
Cant wait to see a side shot.
Looks so good that I think your car is being baptised by the rain from above.
I may copy.
Mike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts