The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
You can always tell when a politician in trouble is a Democrat. The news doesn't say what party they belong to.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
You can always tell when a politician in trouble is a Democrat. The news doesn't say what party they belong to.
Governors aren't usually identified by party affiliation in news stories unless it's germane to the story. Congressmen however, are always identified by their party affiliation. It's just an AP style of writing.

Just as Republican governor Schwarzenegger's party affiliation isn't identified in this story, but the assemblyman's is: http://www.sacbee.com/111/story/772613.html

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The whole news story annoys me. Been watching CNN for the last hour. They have limited information, make lots of assertions and do nothing but report on the same old limited information hoping, just hoping, that they'll get some new information that they can bust in with during their hold on the audience.

And they keep saying that he's tied to this prostitution ring, which to me suggests to involvement in the workings of it. But the detailes they've been slowing giving suggest he ordered a prostitute from the ring. That to me is not involvement within the ring, but a customer of said ring. Totally different things, and arguably on a whole different level of illegality. I just love how the media words things though. Who knows where this whole thing will go, and how much the media will change their story and tone. Sigh.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I bet every CEO on Wall Street is celebrating right now.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
...It's just an AP style of writing...
and i thought AP's style of writing was to include typos, misquotes and halftruths and then add an heavy dose of editorialization wrapped up with a quick detour of the proofreaders desk.
rotfl

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The whole news story annoys me. Been watching CNN for the last hour. They have limited information, make lots of assertions and do nothing but report on the same old limited information hoping, just hoping, that they'll get some new information that they can bust in with during their hold on the audience.

And they keep saying that he's tied to this prostitution ring, which to me suggests to involvement in the workings of it. But the detailes they've been slowing giving suggest he ordered a prostitute from the ring. That to me is not involvement within the ring, but a customer of said ring. Totally different things, and arguably on a whole different level of illegality. I just love how the media words things though. Who knows where this whole thing will go, and how much the media will change their story and tone. Sigh.
This. When was the last time a drug purchaser was "involved with" a dealer or drug ring?

Sensationalism.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
and i thought AP's style of writing was to include typos, misquotes and halftruths and then add an heavy dose of editorialization wrapped up with a quick detour of the proofreaders desk.
rotfl

Not true. The AP is probably the most reliable news organization in the world. That's why they create style-guides that all journalists use as a bible.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
This. When was the last time a drug purchaser was "involved with" a dealer or drug ring?

Sensationalism.
Yup.^^

My favorite line in CNN's coverage (uttered just a few minutes ago during an interview with an "expert") was:

"What do you think happened to cause him to admit this so quickly...you have to believe they had some pretty hard evidence."

Beavis and Butthead would love it.

Tom

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I just read this on MSN.

The way I understood it, he actually ordered his own prostitute.
I'd hope that, if I were governor, I could get an aid to order them for me.
;)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Not true. The AP is probably the most reliable news organization in the world. That's why they create style-guides that all journalists use as a bible.

within the past ten years, the quality of writing from AP has gone staright downhill. it's possible to see typos is wire headlines on a daily basis. there's slant in the writing, and the quality is often at a grade-school level.

but that's just my opinion. i'm no expert, just a consumer of info. i give a thumbs down to a decent portion of what i see attributed to the AP.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Where's Heidi when you need her ??? :shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Apparently, the "service" that he's alleged to have used charges between $1,000 and $5,000 per hour!!:eek:

I'd LOVE to see what a $5,000 per hour hooker looks like!

She'd better be supermodel hot.

Even the "Pretty Woman" charged $3,000 for a week.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Even the "Pretty Woman" charged $3,000 for a week.
Yeah, but she'd have stayed for $2k.

I'd pay $2k for a week with Julia Roberts.... but she's not driving my Lotus!
:no:

:D

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
What's with the wives of these guys? If I had got caught with a prostitute my wife would have shot me and not stood by my side. Have they no shame, or are they too trapped in the riches?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I'd pay $2k for a week with Julia Roberts.... but she's not driving my Lotus!
:no:
She drove it better than he did... :D

1 - 20 of 134 Posts