The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Your place is buff! Expensive...but nice!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
A mezzanine space in a 14-15' clear high unit??? :huh: Otherwise it looks nice.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is awesome...its just that its almost the amount of some peoples mortgage...good luck
My current renter is paying about the same right now but he's moving out of state in June for work. I lived there before getting another loft nearby. Great fun place to live...unless you have little kids!

Yeah, the upper mezzanine level is a little tight but I need to design and create some additional private and sleeping quarter - add another 200 squ ft.

pass on the info please...thanks

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
that is awesome...its just that its almost the amount of some peoples mortgage...good luck
What? That's over four times my mortgage payment!

xtn

·
Registered
114 Posts
Veeeery nice place. I love it. Too bad it's on the other side of the country from me...

For those of you thinking that's expensive, a loft like that would run you $8k/month in manhattan -eek-

Than again, i don't know that market out there... Sounds like it's time for me to consider moving...

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I live in one of these:
HR2640265-1.jpg

Not one of these:
mcmansion.JPG

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
For the typical mortgage that a NY/LA/SFer would pay, they can buy the 2nd house in Texas with a 2 acre lot, and still have money leftover for hookers and drugs.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
For the typical mortgage that a NY/LA/SFer would pay, they can buy the 2nd house in Texas with a 2 acre lot, and still have money leftover for hookers and drugs.
haha tell me about it

if i ever leave LA, im going straight to LV or TX no doubt!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
haha tell me about it

if i ever leave LA, im going straight to LV or TX no doubt!
Las Vegas is not cheap anymore man, and it's a horrible investment IMO. Oversupplied housing for probably the next 5 to 10 years. Texas is still dirt cheap but I guess the problem is it won't appreciate very much except in the high-end suburban and some of the metro areas, too much damn affordable land out there to build new product on.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Las Vegas is not cheap anymore man, and it's a horrible investment IMO. Oversupplied housing for probably the next 5 to 10 years. Texas is still dirt cheap but I guess the problem is it won't appreciate very much except in the high-end suburban and some of the metro areas, too much damn affordable land out there to build new product on.
no worries, i have several investments in CA, ill just move to LV cus i just like it there, and TX so i can be a gun totting american!!!

woohoo :D

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
It's weird to hear the perspective of of people from more expensive states. To me the homes around here in Texas seem outrageously expensive. I know lots of people consider the kind of home I live in to be modest, but to me it's a little mansion; by far the biggest, fanciest place I've ever lived. I certainly wouldn't want a bigger, fancier house. I would like more land for the kids to play on and a larger garage with a work bench area and lift, but those are the only areas I'm not completely satisfied with.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Isn't the American dream to live in an oversized McMansion you can barely afford? After two years in my 5000 sq ft golf course, gated community home, I'm ready to downsize. Too bad the market took a crap in the meantime.

Of course mine's one of the smaller ones. Next door is 13,000 sq ft with a racketball court, bowling alley, two pools, and an elevator.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Isn't the American dream to live in an oversized McMansion you can barely afford?
Apparently so, but it isn't MY dream. I prefer the lowest cost housing my wife is willing to tolerate. I have priorities for my money above making a bank rich with my interest payments.

The "modest" house I have now is a friggin castle compared to the average home of fifty years ago. Heck, I've got granite counter tops, ten foot high ceilings, a walk-in master closet, a garbage disposal, a dishwasher, two thousand square feet with three bedrooms and two full baths, double paned windows, central heat/air, etc. I've even got a flat screen plasma TV now.

Everybody is so spoiled these days that they think of that as low end. It's what I always thought a McMansion was. I've only realized in the last few years that most people think a McMansion is something bigger and more ostentatious.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have ZERO interest in a huge home. Hell... I lived in a 3000 sq ft one here in LA for a few years and spent most of my time in less than half the house. It's a waste for me, both from energy usage and cleaning. Location, on the other hand, is EVERYTHING to me. We are moving from a 1200 sq ft home to an 850 sq ft home with a one-car garage and tiny yard/patio, with 2 dogs and a cat, and 3 cars, and I CAN'T WAIT!!! Slightly better area tho... 2 blocks to the north is an upscale one-mile long restaurant/bar/shopping area, 1 block to the south is the beach including a stretch of dog-beach, 2 blocks to the east is the marina where we can walk to and launch our kayaks and have a sailing club membership, and 3 miles to the east is my work. I guess I'm not a fan of walls... I want as few of them between me and the outside! It's all about people's priorities.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts