The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I'll be taking a course at George Washington University this Fall semester. That will mean commuting one day a week from New York. I don't yet know which day.

I'd like to hook up with Lotus drivers in/near the District. Where are fun places to drive? West Virginia and the George Washinton Parkway are awesome but what about Maryland?

I lived in Virginia for 8 years and drove a BMW motorcycle. It made the daily commute more bearable.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
May I suggest the Acela train. It's not too bad of a drive down, but once a week with traffic would start to get on my nerves.

Also, I'm sure they're are tons of fun roads a little ways out from DC.

·
Registered
856 Posts
May I suggest the Acela train. It's not too bad of a drive down, but once a week with traffic would start to get on my nerves.

Also, I'm sure they're are tons of fun roads a little ways out from DC.
Not to mention about $50 in tolls round trip.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm in for any meets/drives. I know good backroads in the Clifton/Lorton area. My house is off the GW Pkwy, so I drive that road everyday, haha. Also fun to tag along on the Ferrari drives.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to mention about $50 in tolls round trip.
Right now, I'm trying to get in touch with my advisor, since he makes the decisions. I've been in the MSEE program since 1992 and need, at most, one more course. I would rather take it around here (Stony Brook) and transfer the credit, but that goes against GWU policy.

It also depends on when the GWU course meets. They only meet once a week. At worst, I would drive down one day, go to class the next, and come back on the third day. I wouldn't try to do it all in one day.

I lived in Virginia for about 8 years. My ex- and I took frequent trips to NY to see our families. Sometimes we took the Metroliner, sometimes we drove. We never took the airplane.

I wonder if Elsbeth is still available. Pat? Hm...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whew! My advisor says I can study here, at Stony Brook. (Any Stony Brook alumni here?).

So my visits to Washington, D.C. will be for pleasure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts