The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new, obviously. I'm looking at getting into an Elise sometime soon. I'm from Canada and would most likely be importing one from the States. The Elise, like most other things in Canada, are outrageously overpriced.

I'm here to learn about the car and get a general feel for if it's right for me.

Previous cars of interest include a 300AWHP Eagle Talon TSi AWD (AEM EMS, TO4B, etc.), and a 2002 Mazda Miata.

I'm hoping the Lotus is a nice combination of both. LOL. ;)

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Hello, I'm new, obviously. I'm looking at getting into an Elise sometime soon. I'm from Canada and would most likely be importing one from the States. The Elise, like most other things in Canada, are outrageously overpriced.

I'm here to learn about the car and get a general feel for if it's right for me.

Previous cars of interest include a 300AWHP Eagle Talon TSi AWD (AEM EMS, TO4B, etc.), and a 2002 Mazda Miata.

I'm hoping the Lotus is a nice combination of both. LOL. ;)
Welcome, SM7400. I think you'll find LotusTalk to be a great resource and a great community.

You may want to poke around in this Forum for a bit:

Hi, I am new here - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

Then take a look at this thread:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/uberpost-read-here-there-information-uberthread-25131/

After that, I would suggest you go to the Search function:

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - Search Forums

and search through the existing discussion threads. It is very common for new members to ask questions that have been asked and answered multiple times, which sometimes annoys the veterans - so best to learn the search function as one of your first orders of business.

Finally, I would very strongly recommend that you go to a dealership and test drive an Elise as soon as possible. You will probably either love it or hate it. Better to discover that before investing a lot of time.

Other than than, enjoy this great resource. I hope your Lotus journey is as fun and rewarding as possible.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi....and welcome.

I don't know much about it, but I didn't think you could import an Elise from the US to Canada. :shrug:

LOTUS

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is correct, you cannot import a US Elise or Exige into Canada......at least not if you are planning to drive it on the road.....

Tass

Hi....and welcome.

I don't know much about it, but I didn't think you could import an Elise from the US to Canada. :shrug:

LOTUS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is correct, you cannot import a US Elise or Exige into Canada......at least not if you are planning to drive it on the road.....

Tass
As I understood it that Bumper Standards were harmonized, you can bring GTOs and EVOs to Canada now, for example.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into this further. I might have to bite the bullet and go Canada side, OUCH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts