The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone new to forum.

I have been an enthusiast of light mid engined cars for decades and of the elise since I 1st became aware of it. I was overjoyed when they started selling in Canada in 2006.

Currently own a 88 MR2 factory supercharged and the elise/exige is one of the few cars I have seen that I would consider as a replacement.

In the process of looking for (my 1st) new elise.

Had an offer in on an 08 elise solar yellow but not sure if it will go through.

One question, does anyone have magnolia leather interior? If so is it easy to keep clean? There is a SC car with that interior that is avail but I am leary of it looking bad after a while. Any other tips for a new buyer owner would be apreciated. Have already had a look at some of the stickies.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome :wave:

if you've been reading, you probably already read Uberpost which has all the info you need.

Theres also a lot of MR2 owners here (i dd a 91 mr2 turbo :D)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Magnolia is easy to keep clean, just get yourself a good leather cleaner/treatment. The stuff I use if for horse saddles and works great.

I've had 86, 87, 88sc and 89sc Mr2's in the past, great cars

Tass

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok still negotiating on the car but had one question.
Is it correct that the major service for a 2008 NA would be at 25,000 KM (15,000 miles) and is it likely that it will cost about 2k Candian ($1600 US).
THis info has been provided by the salesman but I don't have much confidence in it.

What is involved with the service that is so time consuming?
Can I do it myself ? I am very mechanically inclined.

Thanks

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
:wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Lots of owners do their own maintenance - its not hard if you have the equipment. There is a maintenance schedule in this thread which covers what is required.

And welcome to LT :wave:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Magnolia you say? ...Easy

Take them out the car put them in plastic bags, stick them in storage then replace with Carbon Fibre seats :evil: Enjoy!

Welcome btw ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind replies.

I will be closing on my new car in a little over a week.

It's a 2008 Elise in solar yellow with black interior, touring pack with traction control. I plan on posting some pics of the car soon.

Now I can't wait for sping to actually drive the thing.

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the magnolia leather interior in my California... i just "cheat" and use the lexol wipes, first the cleaner then the conditioner, the wipes are a lot easier than using it out of the bottles and in reality there isnt that much leather to clean... thought the California does has extra leather on the sills and tunnel

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bit the bullet and picked up my car yesterday!
Solar Yellow with HT, TC, Touring Pack & Black leather. 2008 Brand new.

Pics:

Drove around vancouver a bit to test it before we closed. Then it went to storage for the next couple of months until the mountain passes clean up enough to drive it home. It's gonna be a tough couple of months...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
very nice

damn it sucks to put it away for storage isnt it? lol...have fun when you do get to drive it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats you got the fastest color. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats! I saw it & met you at the dealership when you were picking it up. I had mine in for a few odds & ends that morning. You know I was thinking... Instead of you just having the car in storage for a couple of months you should let me break it in for you....really you should...so that when it comes time to drive it back to the interior you can let'er rip on the Hope Princeton Hwy instead of having to take it easy! :) No need to thank me, just have Bill at Weissach put some plates on her and leave the keys with reception....I'll pm you when it's broken in......really I will!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats! I saw it & met you at the dealership when you were picking it up. I had mine in for a few odds & ends that morning. You know I was thinking... Instead of you just having the car in storage for a couple of months you should let me break it in for you....really you should...so that when it comes time to drive it back to the interior you can let'er rip on the Hope Princeton Hwy instead of having to take it easy! :) No need to thank me, just have Bill at Weissach put some plates on her and leave the keys with reception....I'll pm you when it's broken in......really I will!
Ahh, let me think about it... NOO!!
:no:
Ha ha it was good to meet another owner!
We are going to spend a week or so in the lower mainland breaking her in in May before having the 1st service & heading home.

·
Banned
66 Posts
welcome brother:nanner2::nanner:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts