The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time forum lurker been watching the classifieds for about a year now watching prices sadly increase while i finally am able to purchase now :facepalm

For the past couple weeks i have seriously and actively been bidding and looking at cars and the more i look the more my wants and desires seem to transform. I missed out on a few great cars and deals in the classifieds the past few weeks, cars that were fantasically and tastefully put together by members here, and i just got the cash in hand over the weekend to finally pursue this endeavor... purchasing an elise.

By my inherent nature and history with powersports and boating i undoubtedly will be getting sucked into this forum and sport in no time :D

Looking for a stock deal so i can tastefully modify the vehicle and probably supercharge it, or an already supercharged vehicle at a fair price. I am hands on, mechanic by trade and own a powersports business doing so, i look forward to getting some seat time and getting aquainted and tearing the rear clam off to have some fun in the garage.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the future and even moreso look forward to purchasing my first lotus hopefully in the immediate future. Keep your eyes out for me! Chrome Orange is my favorite, whoever bought britboyindy car in the classifieds, i will give you your purchase price back if you will kindly give me the car :p

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Welcome! I used to live in Little Neck. Make sure you search nationally to find the right car. I bought mine 3000 miles away from home. Good luck!

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Here's a big Jersey welcome! Once you empty your wallet take a drive across the GWB and come cruise.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Welcome.

Without intending to sound too religious here, there is a song titled, Thank God for Unanswered Prayers. I say this because sometimes it seems that there is a reason we don't always get what we think we want right away...

Look on the bright side; missing that last one could mean that the right one is just around the corner!

Good luck.

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your optimism is very encouraging!

Thank you for the welcoming everyone! I truly anticipate the moment I am a lotus owner and not in this new Member section :clap: the past 7 days or so I wake up every morning to see if something popped up on ebay or this forum while I was asleep and answered those prayers

it certainly is a sellers market out there . I would prefer to be on the other side of this scenario:D

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
your optimism is very encouraging!

Thank you for the welcoming everyone! I truly anticipate the moment I am a lotus owner and not in this new Member section :clap: the past 7 days or so I wake up every morning to see if something popped up on ebay or this forum while I was asleep and answered those prayers

it certainly is a sellers market out there . I would prefer to be on the other side of this scenario:D
Welcome...recently joined LT as well and have already had a lot of folks give some great advice. Actively looking as well...good luck in your search!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome! Queens native here, now in Big TX. Your patience will be rewarded

·
Registered
131 Posts
Used to live in Syosset, good luck with the search. Try going through the last couple of months of classified postings to see if the cars ever sold. I scored mine by following up on an older ad. The seller was just sitting on the car and was glad he finally had a bite.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi, good luck with your search.

I really REALLY lucked out with my purchase last year, getting a clean stock elise for 30700 at the end of winter with 54xx miles on it.

I only had to drive 2-3 hours for it too.

There are a lot of Long Island Lotus guys it seems, but its quite a trek for me from lower upstate NY to hit you guys up (and I don't like getting raped by the tolls + city traffic to get to long island)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Steve. Welcome. I am in Huntington and am tight with the boys at Autosport Designs, as some others here are. They are, of course, the local Lotus dealer but also deal extensively with used exotics. They always have some used Lotuses, in great condition, in inventory. Swing by and ask for Hugh, Tommy, or Antoinne. Feel free to hit me up too. Happy hunting.

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve. Welcome. I am in Huntington and am tight with the boys at Autosport Designs, as some others here are. They are, of course, the local Lotus dealer but also deal extensively with used exotics. They always have some used Lotuses, in great condition, in inventory. Swing by and ask for Hugh, Tommy, or Antoinne. Feel free to hit me up too. Happy hunting.
I have not gone there yet. But I have continually check their website or pre-owned inventory.

still searching from sunrise to sunset every day. I think I am specifically looking for a chrome orange model, white would be my second choice.no luck as of yet.

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
interesting to read that 3 of the posters on my Thread are former long island residents. How come everybody is running away! Lol

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
Welcome aboard. I waited over a year to find the right car. After a PPI, I had it shipped from Los Angeles to Boston. It wasn't my first choice of color, but I think Arctic Silver looks great, even if it blends perfectly into the pavement.

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome aboard. I waited over a year to find the right car. After a PPI, I had it shipped from Los Angeles to Boston. It wasn't my first choice of color, but I think Arctic Silver looks great, even if it blends perfectly into the pavement.
The thought of waiting a year or even 6 months to find the right car terrifies me! But regretfully I keep getting the same feedback from so many enthhsiasts

·
Krypton Green Elise
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I shouldnt say I havent found anything... there are good cars out there its just that the owners are unrealist and unreasonable on the particular ones I like. Bone stock 05 cars with chips and under front clam scuffing and cracking for 35k. Or base model stripped cars with mileage and no touring packs in the low 30s. I dont see any value in them and sellers are firm and its hard to pay a premium when better quality cars have sold here in past few weeks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would email Hugh over there. His job is to find people the right car around the world and he is exceptional at it....and he won't rape you. I have no dog in the hunt...he is just a friend.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,098 Posts
Look up Phil, owner of Phil's Auto Body in Deer Park. He owns a yellow Esprit.

I also just found a new Lotus owner on LI, he has an Evora...

Several Lotus owners go to the gatherings at Captree...:up:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Little late to the party, but welcome! I currently live in Brooklyn but work on LI (Valley Stream)...I actually just sold my '07 Elise...In any case, good luck in your search!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm in queens and found my mag blue elise on rhode island craigslist. It took 2 yrs of looking. I during that time i lost out on a few ebay bids, and a yellow one in staten island. Searched on cars, autotrader and these forums too. Its not that theres none for sale, they just get snatched up quick.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts