The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I have been a BMW driver for years - I have had em all - e30s, e36m3's and all in between. I love them to death, but I have been reading a little more lately on the Lotus's cars and what they have to offer.

I have daily e46 wagon and an little e30 track toy, but the track toy doesn't seem to be getting it done. So I have started looking elsewhere and Lotus is what I found. For the price, these cars are freaking hard to BEAT!!! Anyway, I have never driven one nor actually seen one in person, but I have been ready a ton about them this past week.

I'm just introducing myself and seeing what you guys think about this car in comparison to other cars in it's class. Personal experience would be great!!! Let me know. I wanna pick one up very soon.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Sup guys, I have been a BMW driver for years - I have had em all - e30s, e36m3's and all in between. I love them to death, but I have been reading a little more lately on the Lotus's cars and what they have to offer.

I have daily e46 wagon and an little e30 track toy, but the track toy doesn't seem to be getting it done. So I have started looking elsewhere and Lotus is what I found. For the price, these cars are freaking hard to BEAT!!! Anyway, I have never driven one nor actually seen one in person, but I have been ready a ton about them this past week.

I'm just introducing myself and seeing what you guys think about this car in comparison to other cars in it's class. Personal experience would be great!!! Let me know. I wanna pick one up very soon.

Not quite sure what I would consider to be 'in its class.'

There really is nothing quite like it. That can be good or bad, depending on what you want in a car and your point of view.

You're going to get a lot of 'go test drive one.' There really is nothing anyone can say here that will truly give you an understanding of what it's like to drive one.

Once you drive one, you'll know almost immediately if it's for you, and vice versa.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Where do you live? Perhaps someone near you can take you for a ride.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi..........welcome!! :wave:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
One ride is all it'll take.

Coming from a bimmer may be a severe shock for you. But, as it will be a track toy, you should be able to get over it.

I had a Miata, and drove my buddy's MR2 Spyder all the time. It's nothing like them.

I had a Yamaha YZF R1 - I think it was closer to that, but with 4 wheels, and a windshield, and a roof, and airbags, and a lot more fiberglass.

Good luck and if you're in Phoenix, I will take you for a ride if you'd like...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys, and yes I need to test drive or at the least go for a ride. I just think these cars a super sexy and I have always been in love with the European super car look, but without the price tag. From all the literature, this looks like what I'm looking for.

Another question - would it be worth it to go up to an Exige? And also, what is the difference b/w them other than the s/c and the rear tail? This is prob. a noob question, but that's why I'm here.

Edit - I live in TX, central that is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts