The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change the oil myself, but i heard that you have to use a specific oil otherwise it will void the warranty. Any of you guys know what type of oil should i use and what is the best brand? thanks...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
in the uberpost theres a section on oil changes, and oils... best look there! a few have very strong opinions on this topic, search and do what you think is right... or call your local dealer and do what they say...

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I don't know of anyone's warranty being voided for the wrong viscosity, but there are stories that make me think Lotus is prepared to do so. The key is to use the viscosity recommended in your owners' manual; using a different brand is OK.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I am trying to change the oil myself, but i heard that you have to use a specific oil otherwise it will void the warranty. Any of you guys know what type of oil should i use and what is the best brand? thanks...
In general, be sure that you've read the owners manual - it's very informative, and unlike most other cars, it really is important that you read the manual.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Wesson. Don't use Crisco ....too much viscosity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts