The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new here and dont own a lotus.....entirely yet. im thinking about takin the drivetrain and the suspension and all the electrical for the engine and tranny and gauges and ecm and installing them into my 84 pontiac fiero. mainly because the fiero forum said it couldnt be done. but before i commit myself to this i have a few questions. i know that its a midengine car like my fiero. but my questions are.

what are the specs and type of engine.(specs as in just the hp and torque produced)

doesnt the elise have a 1ZZ-FE?

which is better for the engine, sc or turbo?

and do yall think it would be worth attempting?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
ok im new here and dont own a lotus.....entirely yet. im thinking about takin the drivetrain and the suspension and all the electrical for the engine and tranny and gauges and ecm and installing them into my 84 pontiac fiero. mainly because the fiero forum said it couldnt be done. but before i commit myself to this i have a few questions. i know that its a midengine car like my fiero. but my questions are.

what are the specs and type of engine.(specs as in just the hp and torque produced)

doesnt the elise have a 1ZZ-FE?

which is better for the engine, sc or turbo?

and do yall think it would be worth attempting?
IBTL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was thinking. i thought it was a 2ZZ-GE but wikipedia said it was the 1zz. yeah thats why im doing away with the fiero drive train. it eats gas milage, catches fire 2 much, and lacks power.....92hp...but after the 25yrs my engine has been goin it feels more like 50hp. if it werent for the room in my fiero and all i would go with a mr2 but mr2's are a tight fit for me. im 6'4 and had a hard time gettin into the mr2 but i get in fine into my fiero.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
The 'Basketweaving' class was booked solid? It sounds like a GREAT project for you. Please document the whole process, take plenty of pictures and give us a daily update. -eek- Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts