The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What a great welcome, thanks all! I hope to connect up with some of you at local get-togethers / events.

I would be game for participating in an informal local group; it seems like Montgomery County, MD, has lots of Lotus Cars (not Lotuses or Lotii :no:) and owners!

It's really a kick to get all the comments (silly and nice) and stares from people on the road. I thought my BMW coupe drew attention but the Lotus is ridiculous. So far, I've noticed that teenage boys seem to be best able to identify what it is...:up:

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
What a great welcome, thanks all! I hope to connect up with some of you at local get-togethers / events.

I would be game for participating in an informal local group; it seems like Montgomery County, MD, has lots of Lotus Cars (not Lotuses or Lotii :no:) and owners!

It's really a kick to get all the comments (silly and nice) and stares from people on the road. I thought my BMW coupe drew attention but the Lotus is ridiculous. So far, I've noticed that teenage boys seem to be best able to identify what it is...:up:
You'll find most kids can identify the car...they've all 'driven' them in video games!

Alrighty then, how about a last minute cars and coffee?

Tonight, Wednesday, 6/24. 6:30 pm. Starbucks in the Giant shopping center in Burtonsville, where the Church of the Holy Donut is held these days?

On 198 just off of Rt. 29. Plenty of 'off to the side' parking.

Reasonably located for the Montgomery, Howard, Anne Arundel county folks.

Any takers?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in Annapolis (but a Mo-Co native!)... if we can get a couple of people to say "I'm in" - then I'll meet up somewhere.

Annapolis is a nice place to meet heh - but I'll go to the Burtonsville location if that's what others wish to do.

:coolnana:

·
Registered
992 Posts
can't make it got a gig tonite - next time!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I'll show up for sure. Just up the road a bit from me.

I've lined up a second driver so I'll be bringing my '71 BMW E9 coupe as well.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Looks like a quorum.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Heh, wish I could come out. My real job calls, doing some server work in Old Town this evening! Have a great time guys! (and girl)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to Lotus Talk! :) I'm new here too, but I'm not lucky enough to own a Fantastic Lotus Elise like you, at least just yet (well kinda)! I'm actually holding out for the 2010 Evora! Yah, Baby! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Good times in Burtonsville:

Thanks for the little welcome met!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts