The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the DFW area, and just bought an 05 Elise... hot pink! The price was a steal, maybe because it's pink :D but it also needs some work. Nothing too major, though. I've wanted an Elise since I first saw one early in 06, so it was about time!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...nice to see someone else in texas besides myself who won't be doing the typical barbeque/wings/burgers/steaks car meet thing... ;)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Let me get this straight compadre!

...nice to see someone else in texas besides myself who won't be doing the typical barbeque/wings/burgers/steaks car meet thing... ;)
You're one of them sophisticated Urban ********? :confused:

:p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice, ....m....! How about we suggest a car meet at Spiral Diner?!?

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

Here is a link to some more pics, RoadDad...
Picasa Web Albums - Vegan - Elise

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome AliVegan, nice to see more TX owners. Keep an eye out in the TX section for our local get togethers.

Lots of local folks work on their cars and can help you out if you ever need it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
And definately make sure to check out http://TheDriversEdge.net. We can really help you get the most out of that car.

(Although you might want to get an extra set of wheels for the track... Those look pretty heavy to me.)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...painted center console - very nice!..you should do your HVAC and airbag surrounds to match, and be rid of all that tacky grey plastic...

...i'm afraid i'm unfamiliar with the spiral diner (i don't really know D/FW very well), but if it's my kind of establishment, sounds like a fantastic idea...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...i'm afraid i'm unfamiliar with the spiral diner (i don't really know D/FW very well), but if it's my kind of establishment, sounds like a fantastic idea...
Spiral Diner is a vegan restaurant. There's one in Dallas and one in Fort Worth. It's yummmieeeee!

Thanks again everyone for the advice and warm welcomes! I'm sooooo glad to be here as an owner now, and not just an observer!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Bring it out to the track in Sept. Plenty of lead time for you to get ready. :D

Oh, congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm in the DFW area, and just bought an 05 Elise... hot pink! The price was a steal, maybe because it's pink :D but it also needs some work. Nothing too major, though. I've wanted an Elise since I first saw one early in 06, so it was about time!
That is awesome! I was thinking of painting mine pink, can you post up some more pictures? ( nevermind I read the rest of the thread!! ) and CONGRATULATIONS on your new car :D I just got mine a few weeks ago and I think they are the best ever, lol

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Here is a link to some more pics, RoadDad...
Picasa Web Albums - Vegan - Elise
Nice pics, Ali. I think the car looks great, and takes on different personalities, in all kinds of colors. Yours reminded me of something I couldn't quite put my finger on... then it hit me:

Penelope Pitstop!

Welcome. Drive safe...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha Penelope Pitstop... excellent! I have a costume idea for Halloween now! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts