The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what's up,

Like it says, I'm a newbie to the Lotus world. Been admiring Lotus's forever and never thought I'd actually own one, but low and behold I managed to get some what of a deal on one.

We had a bad hurricane here in 2004 and there were only 2 S1's on island. Unfortunately both s1's were flooded but one was salvaged right after the store so minimal work was needed 2 recovery her, but the other( the one I just got) was owned by a rich guy who just left the car and only decided the beginning of this year 2 get her goin again. After the garage he took it to told him just how much he would have to spend to get her back goin just to stock, he decided to be gone with it. That's where I came in and copped her for CHEAP.

As you all know they are aluminum and fiberglass so obviously rust is minimum. She is actually in a decent shape. Only problem is I've been a honda man all my life so like I said I'm new to this Lotus thing so hope this forum provides me with all the answers to my questions.

My plans are to put a K20 in it( bought one already). So looking the best route to go about it . I don't plan to run ac or anything like that now because her primary use is for the local Time attack we have here. I'm the current street class champ in my Honda civic, but really time for me to branch out from FWD and couldn't see me doing it any better than with a Lotus.

So any advice is MUCH appreciated, thanks guy

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome! I was actually in Grand Cayman last week, was watching the cars go by (carefully, that whole driving on the left thing was new for me), saw quite a few Porsches, was hoping to see a Lotus. Glad to hear you're saving that S1, congrats and good luck. This forum will be a tremendous resource for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts