The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my names dimitri. i just picked up my elise friday from new jersey, and drove it home to wisconsin, and come january arizona when i move to fountain hills/scottsdale area. just dropping by for some useful hints/tips/advice/, future mods (most likely fi/k swap, etc-i've been a lurker for a few months)and other local enthusiasts! and i happened to snap a few pics of it as it sits (please excuse the terrible picture quality, im using a blackberry)

and next to my ls1 turbo 350z, my other headache lol.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
When you get to Arizona, drop me a line.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
much appreciated guys! addertooth, do you guys do any track days at all? looking to put this car to some use! its a whole different animal compared to the z/evo/honda thing i was accustomed to

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
There are a couple track options in Arizona. Inde Motorsports in Wilcox is a well laid out track, 22 turns in 2.75 miles. A non-supercharged Lotus will hit about 110 on the main straight on that track. There is Musselmans track in Tucson which is a scale model of the Suzuka track in Japan. There is also an active SCCA club in every major city. There are some amazing drives in Arizona, the old HW666 (Devil's Highway) which has since been renumbered; the road to Sonoita Patigonia; Mount Lemon; Kitt Peak. etc. It is a great driver's state.

·
2006 Exige
707 Posts
Dimitri -
I've lived in Fountain Hills since '92. It's a great place with numerous fun "Lotus" roads nearby.

My '06 CO Exige is my daily driver. I'll keep an eye out for you in January.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Congrats. You should join us for the group drive on 9/16. Should be a decent size group and the roads over there (SW of Madison) are surprisingly great.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
WhatsADSM,
I heard he had to leave the state. All non-honda-powered Lotus owners were teased and tormented endlessly about their toyota engines. ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha whatadsm drop by with that elise of yours! and addertooth, looking forward to some exciting track days with you and the az guys!!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
WhatADSM - seriously. After all the interaction on the threads, I realize I've never met you live nor have I seen your machine which sounds straight loco!

Why not come join us for that drive on 9/16?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^+1 whatadsm is your name murry by chance? if so, aj konkol from endless autosport told me about some of your builds. impressive stuff. also west bend dyno is tuning my ls1 350z lol. and if your not murry, well you know all about him now lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts