The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I have been reading quite a bit from this forum and yall sound like pretty good folks that know these cars inside and out! i am looking to buy a 2005-2008 lotus, but i don't know whether to get an elise or exige. I've been to the track a couple of times (99F355 and even once with a 96 Viper R/T10 - what a mistake!) and it was fun, but i would only go to the track with the lotus at car club events (probably not more than once a year). I don't put more than 2500 miles per year on the cars that i have, so this one wouldn't be a daily driver - probably take it out only when it was nice outside.
I test drove an exige today and it was awesome. i didn't test drive an elise so i don't really know the difference between the two. Can yall help me out here?

Also, any advantage/disadvantage between these years? I am looking to buy one used with less than 5000 miles (wow the prices drop like a rock from new!) that has not been tracked. What should i look for when buying one of these?

Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanks in advance for your replies! El Syd

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Hi El Syd!

Welcome!

I think you should test drive them both, then decide.

I love my Elise and I like being able to see out the back.

If you're going to track it (and you say you're not) get the Exige.

But it is totally up to you and no one else.

Buy a car that has not been tracked and has good records from the time it was new.

Get a Lotus - you will always be glad you did! :D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I believe there's an entire forum section devoted to what to look for in an Elise/Exige when purchasing, so do a search. (plus you'll find dozens of similar threads as your asking the same questions)

But as Larry said, it's totally up to you to decide what's right for you and what you want out of a Lotus.
You can ask a dozen guys what they prefer, and you'll get a dozen different answers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts