The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Esprit V8 on its way to me. I know that reverse is down and to the left with a ring lift first. So are there 5 speeds after that or 6 (going forward of course) and is 1st speed up or down? Sorry for the dumb question but pictures of the car coming to me have a plain shifter with no id markings. For that matter - where can I buy a new shifter knob to fit this vehicle - Something with maybe a Lotus Logo. Will also need a new rear badge and a few other cosmetics - do I have a lot of sites to choose from...truly a newbie to Lotus's - just kind of bought one out of nowhere on impulse..

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think the shift pattern is somewhere on the center console around the shifter, I'll try to find pictures, but I'm pretty sure it's something like

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yup, here you go!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the shift pattern is somewhere on the center console around the shifter, I'll try to find pictures, but I'm pretty sure it's something like
Thanks Shorty - could have just waited for arrival but I knew I wanted to get right in and fire it up...LOL...it arrived today. Will need a little work to be perfect but was FUN to take a spin in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts