The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can someone post a picture of their 2007 exige S key, I picked up my car yesterday, and they key just look so ordinary and without any lotus logo or whatsoever. I just hope I did not get a duplicate from the dealer. In the User Manual, it states there is a control button and keyhole light. Btw, I have the cobra alarm fob and system installed.

Thanks,

A

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
nope thats the right key, there are a few threads about its plainness

·
Registered
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
sounds about right. I've got a 2006 and there is nothing at all special about the key or fob. Kinda disappointing, but once you put it in and turn her on, all is forgiven.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys, here's a better picture. I'm just paranoid about the fact that there is no logo on the key and the master original key is sitting somewhere else. Looks like a key from GM.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I got two sets of fob and keys. I just wanna make sure this is the master original keys to the car. Sorry guys I'm being very paranoid.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, but does it matter as long as it starts the car and opens the boot?

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Welcome!

Yeah, the key is lame. But, that's about where all disappointment ends. Congratulations on your new car!

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
No, it doesn't matter....

Both are Master Original Keys.

I think they're cool.

And they take up less room in your pocket!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hahahahah, ahh01010 that's the right key. Too bad huh? Looks like at least one new owner thinks they should have put a little more effort into styling the key ;)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think it is a GM key, Caddy Catera someone said.

·
Registered
807 Posts
forget the key, how about some pictures of your new car???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lotus engineers did extensive R&D to find which mods would create the best weight reduction for the money. Removing the key light was one of them. Unfortunately my 05 key still has the light on it. :(

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
yes the key is hella lame.
Although the good thing is I can leave my key on my desk at work, and I don't have to worry about my coworkers finding out that I own a Lotus.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
yes the key is hella lame.
Although the good thing is I can leave my key on my desk at work, and I don't have to worry about my coworkers finding out that I own a Lotus.
Regarding the plain key and the VERY short range of the alarm remote, I figured that these were theft deterrent features.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts