The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Newbie here... I've been considering getting the Exige S240 for quite sometime; however, I don't really track - probably most, once or twice top a year. I have a SUV, but do want to use the Exige as daily driver, except winter.
All I know is that the Extige is really built for track, how is it REALLY as a daily driver? I almost never see one on the street and I live in the Tri-state area. Is it really not meant for daily driving? I shouldn't get it if I don't track? :shrug: I don't want to be a poser, lol...
TIA

·
Registered
385 Posts
How old are you? How tall are you? I wouldn't recommend the car for a daily driver... Getting in and out of the thing are a pain, and you can't carry around anything, except a passenger. very opposite of the truck.

Hsin

Hello,

Newbie here... I've been considering getting the Exige S240 for quite sometime; however, I don't really track - probably most, once or twice top a year. I have a SUV, but do want to use the Exige as daily driver, except winter.
All I know is that the Extige is really built for track, how is it REALLY as a daily driver? I almost never see one on the street and I live in the Tri-state area. Is it really not meant for daily driving? I shouldn't get it if I don't track? :shrug: I don't want to be a poser, lol...
TIA

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
There are many many threads of this. I use my Exige as a daily driver. 14,000 miles in 11 months. I also have an F150 when I need the extra room for passengers or cargo. But, the Lotus as a daily driver is not for everyone which you will learn in the other threads.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
There are many many threads of this. I use my Exige as a daily driver. 14,000 miles in 11 months. I also have an F150 when I need the extra room for passengers or cargo. But, the Lotus as a daily driver is not for everyone which you will learn in the other threads.
And here I thought I was the only one who drives like this. 20k miles in 11 months, why would you drive anything else unless you had to?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
OK, I'm going to be honest here...

It's a hassle, and there are many reasons (which I won't get into here) why it's a hassle.

However, if you LOVE this car, and LOVE this type of thing, the hassles are something you'll gladly put up with for the opportunity for just one more minute in this extraordinary vehicle.

I use my Exige as a daily driver (except in snow), and couldn't be happier.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
And here I thought I was the only one who drives like this. 20k miles in 11 months, why would you drive anything else unless you had to?
I know, huh! The only thing I think about as I watch the odometer climb is the value of my car diminishing because no one else drives theres! I just hope I never have to sell my car because then it doesn't matter! :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for all your replies and I found that thread "The official, ONE AND ONLY, Can This Lotus Be Used As A Daily Driver" very helpful.
I'm 35 and 5'10", so in and out the car isn't a problem. As for small car, well, I had the Boxster S for a couple of years though wasn't the same but I got the ideal of driving a "small" vehicle. I just sold my E46 M3 (with full ACS front and rear spoilers and ground control coilovers + eibach springs lowered, full Eisenmann Race exhaust) a while back so I should get a handle on the ride, the road adjustment and the noise. My M3 was Pheonix Yellow fully dressed up and a nice loud deep sound, so yeah, I also understand the attention part.
All in all, from what I can understand, it's quite negative to have the Exige as daily driver but something that I think I can handle. However, I'm just not sure about the "Weather (rain)" and "Reliability" portion... I do like the Exige... hmmmm... funniest thing, you guys are not too engouraging either :confused:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
However, I'm just not sure about the "Weather (rain)" and "Reliability" portion... I do like the Exige... hmmmm... funniest thing, you guys are not too engouraging either :confused:
So are you calling yourself a "whiny bitch"? :shrug: I don't get it.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Funniest thing, you guys are not too engouraging either :confused:
Every board is different, and this one is definitely one of those "we know the car has faults, no need to point them out, and if you're not freakish enough to love everything that goes wrong with it, then GTFO" types.

I know you've had a performance car before, but daily driving this car is NOTHING like that one, please trust me on this. You want to see what it's really like? Go rent one of those go-karts for a day and drive it in traffic. Trust me, it'll be closer to the real experience than your M3 was.

It (DD) can be done, and in fact is, by more people than you'd think, but don't think for a second that there's not sacrifice involved.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I wouldn't use it as a daily driver. Everyone bothers you and asks you about the car... and I'm paranoid about door dingers... so parking is difficult. People in this town don't like seeing nice cars... they think the owner is flaunting if it is driven every day... because these hicks don't have a clue how much an elise costs.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you have another car and decide the Elise/Exige is not right for daily driving after a few months, split the time between them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts