The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Have decided to sell my 04 Z06 and buy an Elise. Just a few questions.

I am not worried about getting in and out of car but is the car comfortable for a 6'3" person?

I assume that many purchasers do not have the luxury of a Lotus dealership in their hometown. What have people been doing for warranty work?

Thanks for your time.

Marc

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I'm just over 6' tall, and have a couple inches of space between my head and the (optional) hardtop. You might find it to be a tight fit, I recommend sitting in one before making a decision.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm 6'2 and when I sat in a demo car (with hard top) I was surprised how much room was still left above my head. I hope to be able to fit with helmet on.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'm about 5 hrs from my dealership (and by far not the farthest, Lumin8r takes the taco on that one.) I'm hoping for the 'yota reliability and tow coverage to the dealer while under warranty and AAA after that.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I'm 6'2 long legs long torso, in the elise seat all the way back quite comfortable a good 3-4" headroom for the softop.
Chris

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for all the responses.

Anyone who knows of available cars, any leads would be appreciated. Fairly open on color.

Marc

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Re: Thanks

Marc W said:

Anyone who knows of available cars, any leads would be appreciated. Fairly open on color.

Marc
hi marc and welcome to the board and the world of the Elise!

I purchased my car from Mark Starr at Hunting Ridge Motors in NY. I know of at least 3 others on this board that have also purchased their cars through him and are very satisfied with the experience.
I'm not sure how many cars he may have for sale at this point, but it sure wouldn't hurt to give him a call to check availability of cars at his dealership.

http://www.huntingridgemotors.com/index.php

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am 6'2", and fit without any problems. Mine has the hard top. Now if the weather would clear, the top would be off.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

Marc W said:

Marc
Keep an eye on the for sale section of this forum, as well. Some intriguing possibilities to buy a car for little or no premium. Check out Ebay as well, although be careful.

·
Registered
799 Posts

Marc W said:

Marc

There was a thread started in the other part of the forum with regard to LOA (Lotus of Atlanta) having at least 3 available at $2,000 over MSRP.

Check it out.

Elisecat

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The black car listed in the For Sale forum is in the Midwest (Arkansas). You could probably check out the car in person before buying it. I believe it originally came from the St. Louis dealer, it was one of the first Elises they sold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts