The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I have always loved the Elise but I had lost all hope it would make it to our shores. I go to my mailbox today and look at the cover of the Road&Track. I rush in and read the article and find that I have been out of touch.

Now I am torn between ordering this car or waiting for a year or so, since I really don't need another car. From reading some threads on this board it seems that the order situation is still up in the air. Any ideas when I should place an order if I want this car in a year or so? I would really like a chance to sit in one or perhaps even get a test drive since I am not exactly petit. I'll give symbolic in La Jolla a call tomorrow.

Thanks for any input you may have.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think if you placed on order today, you will not see the car for almost a year.

I believe the rush will start now, and it would be prudent to put your name on the waiting list as soon as you can.

I had a friend go down yesterday (Saturday) because of this and he put his deposit down at Symbolic.

There is a blue Elise TODAY at the San Diego British Car meet.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
Get on the list. Sell your M3 (I did) and keep your Cadillac (I mean, Lexus). The Elise is very hard core. It can be your sports car and the IS can be your comfortable/practical car.

Definately get to Symbolic by Monday to demo this lil jewel. It'll make your M3 feel like a, um Cadillac. The car will be gone on Tues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts