The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've been visiting this great forum for a couple of months now and have learned a lot about these cars...Anyways I'm planning on buying a new Exige in the next couple of years and am a bit concerned that I wont be able to get the car up my current driveway without scraping something.

Think the car would be able to clear this at an angle?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ah... you'll be fine. Scraping the front really hasn't been a problem. Just don't install any after market splitters.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Can't really see the bottom of the slope, but I'm guessing you'll be fine.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Really hard to say, but if your careful...take it at 45 degrees I think you should be fine. Plus the Exige splitters is actually pretty good at taking scrapes unlike the Elise and you can protect the bottom with some material (can't remember the name of the stuff). Ask Ace10 if he'll do a search for you.

Don't let the driveway stop you from getting the car. You'll figure it out

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
..and make sure your tires are never under-inflated
the crest at the top of the driveway looks like it could scrape the belly as well!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Really hard to say, but if your careful...take it at 45 degrees I think you should be fine. Plus the Exige splitters is actually pretty good at taking scrapes unlike the Elise and you can protect the bottom with some material (can't remember the name of the stuff). Ask Ace10 if he'll do a search for you.
Don't let the driveway stop you from getting the car. You'll figure it out
rotflrotflrotfl

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
driveway concern although seems minor, is a very legitimate concern, i too have quite a steep driveway, but comming from driving super slammed cars most of my life, ive learned how to get it up on almost anything

PS: hope this aint no april fools thread LOL

·
Registered
417 Posts
driveway concern although seems minor, is a very legitimate concern, i too have quite a steep driveway, but comming from driving super slammed cars most of my life, ive learned how to get it up on almost anything

PS: hope this aint no april fools thread LOL
Oh........U got me it April 1st....Aprils fools....LOL rotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

·
Registered
126 Posts
seems fine
maybe from a side angle we could tell more:shrug:

+1 just as long as you go at an angle and slow...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I smell a troll..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts