The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant seem to use the search function so apologies if this has been asked before. I looking into buying my first ever Lotus Elise and have made some enq's with a local official dealer. He did say that the car has to get the sills re-painted which is the usual with the Elise model. Its a 2003 111s with 30,000 miles on it. Does this sound dodgy like a cover up or is it really the usual? Hopefully there is a buying guide on here too that Im going to search for. Your help is much appreciated! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Hi Nutter - welcome to LotusTalk :wave:

111S - great choice! Yes sills can be a bit chipped - especially after 30k miles - in the US they are very fond of clear protection film on the front and sills to prevent this.

All the best with it!!

Cheers,
Steve

PS: You're obviously not in the US as that model isn't available there - assume you are in the UK? Seloc, the UK forum, will be able to answer more model specific questions on a Rover engined car.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hi, welcome. I'm finding more and more, this is a pretty good car forum. People here are nice, and for the most part, very knowledgable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts