The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Greg, you went all the way. ;) Thought I would start Andy off easy. ;)

Once he's found his 2-Eleven ..... I will share all the info with him.

Some photos showing early mods, which most casual observers never notice ..... the "tip of the iceberg"..... :D
Jack,

What all do you have going on with your shifter base there?
I am eternally on the lookout for improved shift feel.

What differential would you use with the Eliseparts sequential?
What diff would you use with a standard c64 for aggressive street and track?

I currently have the OS-Giken LSD and am very pleased, but I've heard the TRD helical is better. Any thoughts?
I'd defer to Elise parts with regard to their sequential.

For my current C64, I've had stronger 3rd and 4th gears installed and have been using the OS-Giken and I, too, have been very pleased.

I've had experience with both the Lotus Motorsport plate-type LSD (don't remember who makes it) in my Cup255 and a Torsen LSD in one of my 2-11s; and neither one worked as well as the OS-Giken. The Torsen was especially good at introducing unwanted understeer. ;)

Is the Torsen LSD the same as a Helical LSD sold by TRD(Toyota Racing Development)? I went from the standard open differential to the OS-Giken
so don't have any feel for the Helical TRD unit.

I'll likely transfer the OS-Giken to the new transmission. Is there anything I may need to address since I'll have the LSD out of the car?
-Robert

Answered my own question above:
What is the difference between a helical LSD and Torsen® LSD? Torsen® is a brand name for a helical gear type limited slip diff produced by JTEKT corporation (formerly Gleason and Zexel). Other similar gear type limited slips are produced by Eaton, Quaife, GKN, and some other companies

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.