The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...after lurking and reading the info on this forum for quite some time I decided to start looking for my first Lotus. As a little bit of background, I am a Corvette guy and own five of them but the newest one is a 1971 LS6 coupe. As you can guess I like the older vintage type of Vettes and making the move to a Lotus took some time (sometimes I am a little slow). I recently purchased a 1998 Lotus Twin turbo V8 Esprit with a little over 20K miles on it. It is finished in Chrome Orange (originally a red car), has had the rear center exhaust conversion, and is sporting some very nice Chip Foose wheels. So far I know I need to fix two things: 1) the window regulator for the power window on the driver's side is messed up, 2) the horn does not work. I did not receive any paperwork other than a clean CarFax when I purchased the car, but I have sent an email to Lotus USA requesting a service history. The CarFax does state that the car had service done at a dealership a couple of times, so I hope the engine loctite issue has been resolved. I have only had the car for a few days, but the two times I have driven it resulted in plenty of smiles per mile. I am sure that I will have plenty of questions in the future and will look forward to what will hopefully be several years of driving fun.

·
Registered
275 Posts
PICS!!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome :wave:

and PICS are required :D

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Awesomeee!!! CO is very nice on the Esprit also.

btw, not a big fan of the chrome rims....i have this belief that chrome rims doesnt belong on a sports car :D lol

Once again, welcome to LT and i hope to see better pictures soon.

Have fun driving/having fun but be careful

·
Registered
821 Posts
Sweet! nice car. but I'll have to agree w/ serpent Chrome + Sportscar = :no:

but yeah beautiful car.

Now for pics of the rest of your fleet.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand about the chrome rims, but I really do think they look good on the Esprit. Maybe they looked a little too flashy in the pics, but I like them. I will try to line up the rest of the fleet soon for a pic, but for the curious they are as follows:

1963 Riverside Red Spit Window Coupe
1966 Sunfire Yellow Convertible
1968 LeMans Blue Convertible
1971 Brands Hatch Green LS6 Coupe

The fifth one is a 1970 big block (454/390) that is currently in pieces. Not doing a frame off, but that is about all I am not going to do to it. Hopefully it will be driveable by this fall. As I mentioned I am a corvette guy, but the Esprit is really a fun car to drive. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts