The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Billy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a newer turbo setup fro SJ motorsports. Itcomes with manifold, newer style turbo with integrated wastegate. Has anyone done this? Will i notice any difference-less lag and full boost earlier? Thanks my car is 1987 HCI federal

·
Wingless Wonder
5,410 Posts
I'll let S2Kseven answer the technical details...he's the TURBO MAN.

:bow:

Are you getting a whole new exhaust manifold or just a custom manifold extension that eliminates the external wastegate housing?

Does the new unit have water-cooled bearings as fitted to the later 4 cylinder Esprits?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I just ordered a newer turbo setup fro SJ motorsports. Itcomes with manifold, newer style turbo with integrated wastegate. Has anyone done this? Will i notice any difference-less lag and full boost earlier? Thanks my car is 1987 HCI federal

What do you mean newer style turbo? The original turbo has external wastegate and has a garrett .63 a/r turbine and .42 a/r compressor & journal bearing.

So you converted it to internal wastegate & use an aftermarket or custom exhaust manifold? What kind of turbo configuration? Is it ballbearing turbo?
If not, it's not a new style.

Yes, I've done it a few of them. Did I noticed any difference ? well, it depends what size of turbo you installed. Unless you tell me the size, i can only guess.

The questions are too vague.

·
Billy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All i know its from the stevens style esprit. Dont know the exact specs on turbo. Yes it has the watercooled bearings and its all new hrom headers on back. With internal wastergate.
Sorry dont know anythingnother than that as i have not recieved system yet. Sj motors in england has the kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts