The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined the "1K Club" today -- had the service, so now I can really flog this thing. Jeez, it's amazing! Sweet!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congrats!

I'm still a member of the 0 mile club. No build date yet, but Lotus has my order, so I got that going for me.

:D

·
Registered
803 Posts
I joined the 1000 club today as well, stats?

I had my car serviced today as well. I took it to Daniel at Boardwalk Lotus after Silicon Valley would not return my phone calls...

I found my own oil at Oil Changers for $3.99 a quart, the book recommended Havoline Synthetic. No problems...

So what are your stats? How long at all the speeds? What are the top revs? I got a copy of the computer dump, and while not extremely detailed, it did have some information.

For example, in the 650 miles I drove it up from Southern California, I did not speed except a couple of times up to about 85 mph. Remember my story about my wife being the first to drive it over 100 mph? Well, I found out she was only up there for a couple of seconds, at least according to the computer.

I also did not have the top revs. That honor goes to someone at the factory. Apparently they rev it up to over 8,000 for some reason, about one hour into the recording.

Interesting stuff.

Now I get to flog the car. But where do I plan on going this weekend? To the British Car Meet, where the car will sit stationary for the MG and Jaguar crowd to envy...(chuckle)

Michael

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even think to ask for a copy! :eek: I was busy with my brother when I picked it up, so just focused on paying and leaving. I guess I'll call Monday and see about getting it, but frankly, as long as Lotus has no problem with the results, I'm not sure I really need to see it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Neil>>>Congrats...I still at the sub 500 mile club>>

Sunday...tomorrow...I am heading up to Winchester to go to the Mercedes club AutoX event...alas to watch (break in thing you know)(also CarlAMG will be there but running his C32) but this way can do some nice cruising so I can join the 1000 mi club..want to come along? Also I will be home in the afternoon if you are still interested in doing the light thing...let me know...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michael:

Thanks for the invite! Tempting, but I have some stuff I really need to do this weekend. But I can certainly squeeze in time for the headlights, if you're up for that! I gather you meant Sunday afternoon -- any time works for me. (If you meant today - Saturday - that won't work for me. :( ). Let me know. Thanks!

Neil

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
At the LOG tech session yesterday, they were very specific that you should definately use 5w/40 synthetic like havoline, he said because it's mid engine the Lotus engineeers say not a good idea to use 10w30(I think that's the weight) recommended for the front engined celica.
Chris

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I wonder what Lotus' view on Mobil 1 0W40 might be. It seems like Lotus feels the extra viscosity at high temps (the second number, 40 in this case....the first number is the cold viscosity) compared to 10W30 or 5W30. Mobil 1 0W40 is readily available, used by Porsche and AMG and others and protects as well as any other 40 when it's hot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts