The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a used Vision function super charger. The car is back to gather and running......

1. I have a little lag-hesitation when i get on the throttle hard and fast
2. The second cam-VVT thing is not not engaging.

I am throwing the following coeds. Not sure it i didn't get that cam actuator back together right i did check and i have 2 ports up and 3 ports down?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Did you send your ECU to Jermaine or did you use one that came with the SC.

If it was older I would send it to Jermaine to check for updates

·
Registered
640 Posts
It's simple. Jermaine doesn't have the knowledge nor the ability to tune the ECU's in this car properly. I'm Jermaine is competant enough but the software he uses isn't. He's using old technology that is proven to be improperly written. Good luck if you follow this path....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I had the same errors. Had to have it reflashed again

Cant say much, when we program our UAV's we have to do it a few times on occasion

·
Registered
640 Posts
I had the same errors. Had to have it reflashed again

Cant say much, when we program our UAV's we have to do it a few times on occasion
Mmmmmm.....and now another car has to be reflashed again!
Confidence building! Tell me again....where do I MAIL my ECU to :facepalm

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
??? The few BOE cars in my area do not run right. They have been told the answer is to drop the money on the new software? So they did not know how to tune with their old software but have now seen the light?

It also takes several days to get a new tune emailed to them. So how is this different?

I have personally talked to the owners of these cars so this is not hear-say.

Curious on why you are not helping this guy troubleshoot because possibly he has done something wrong on his install. If you have infinite knowledge on these cars and how the systems work, you re not helping the community by keeping it to yourself

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am trying to find a pic of the ground wire that is on the left side (drivers side) of the engine up by the manifold/TB. It is on a stud and you had to remove the bolt off of it when pulling the manifold. I forgot to hook that up and had a similar VVI code.

Maybe you know which ground I am talking about

·
Registered
640 Posts
??? The few BOE cars in my area do not run right. They have been told the answer is to drop the money on the new software? So they did not know how to tune with their old software but have now seen the light?

It also takes several days to get a new tune emailed to them. So how is this different?

I have personally talked to the owners of these cars so this is not hear-say.

Curious on why you are not helping this guy troubleshoot because possibly he has done something wrong on his install. If you have infinite knowledge on these cars and how the systems work, you re not helping the community by keeping it to yourself
I have no relationship with BOE. I was a part of the Fastworks development which had nothing to do with BOE. Whatever Phil sold is/was his problem. Jermaine is welcome to sell Fastworks if he chooses. Phil has a solid rep, high quality products and stands behind his work. He was invited to participate and he accepted. All I'm saying is if you have an old tune then your car is not running properly. And I can prove it! So here's my first piece of advice to the OP. Get a proper tune to start with. If you want to buy poor tunes or cheap stuff I'm not going to waste my time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just had it flash like 3 weeks ago... I did not buy a pre tuned or second hand tune. Do you still think I should have it retuned.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If I have gone through the car and found all the wires correct and the VVI is done properly then I would call the person that did the tune and talk to them. They would know more than I do. I was just sharing that I had to send one back and when it came back the car ran perfectly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That bolt had a goofy triangle metal plate piece that was connected to the intake and that plastic cable tray piece.

see my pic below this was the only ground wire i seen. Its possible it did get damaged contorting every thing the get that super charger in any easy way to test it? besides taring up and down the street i am perrty handy with a multi meter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
evansp60, so if this guy had spent 2 grand on your software, then you would help him troubleshoot what maybe a mechanical or electrical problem from when the OP installed the equipment himself.

But since he did not purchase your software, you are just going to let this guy flounder around without any direction or help from you and your knowledge of the Lotus and its operation/systems.

I just wanted to be clear on the stand the Fastwork people are taking in helping our community.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That is the ground wire, so check that off the box.

How was the pics of the VVI from what I posted and what you have done. Also is the plug on the VVI solenoid on tight? I know it is a bit of stretch with the wires and easy to not get pushed in all the way

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yah, looks good i with there was a way to engage the VVTI and meter my VVT plug contacts to find out if its a wire-computer problem or the solenoid.

What does the plug closest to the fire wall on the throttle body do? I did pinch one of them wires accidentally it looks fine visually it was blunt pinch and not sharp more just messed up the sheathing than any thing it looked. Just thought i would mention it in case the 2 systems were related some how.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Actually I have gotten way ahead of myself. Check the fuses in the engine compartment. I am 6000 miles from home so I do not have a owners manual in front of me. Check them with a meter instead of just looking at them. A friend of mine had that problem on his 05 NA car when he had pulled the head and have valves and such done to it. The second cam was not kicking in and it was a fuse. I believe TJ sent him in that direction

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am not sure what that plug does on a 05 car. I am sure it is important. You could pull the plugs going to the ECU to make sure there is not a bent pin also

1 - 20 of 58 Posts