The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
What makes you think Proton needs a partner to keep Lotus alive?!
Proton is a huge company with plenty of resources to keep tiny Lotus alive (should they want to -- and they've said they do).

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Awesome!! finally the Elise will come with the K-20 instead of the 2ZZ.........no wait....

·
Registered
255 Posts
So does that mean that next year's Evoras will have honda engines in them...? I don't think Toyota would be keen on seeing Honda partnering with the Lotus camp......

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
How about the elise? hello v-tec?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dude the elise is already a vtec as far as i'm concerned.

The first thing mod i did to mine was to get rid of it by reflashing the ECU with a koldfire 190 tune

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Dude the elise is already a vtec as far as i'm concerned.

The first thing mod i did to mine was to get rid of it by reflashing the ECU with a koldfire 190 tune

You got rid of it? Does that mean your car is now running on just the low speed cams or just the high speed cams?

I bet the KF 190 changed the cut over point, but didnt get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I wonder how this partnership will effect the new Esprit and Evora, and at which point do they compete with the NSX.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sounds like good news! Honda could use some help developing a new sports car now that the s2000 is retired. The Lotus pedigree still means something when it comes to the handling department. Lotus could also benefit from Honda's engine technology.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts