The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All Concerned:

I just got off the phone with Doug at Newport European, and he had the following to say:

1. Cars 1-9 have been delivered. (or was it Vin Numbered?) (I didn't pay much attention because it didn't concern me)

2. Cars 10 & 11 are awaiting Vin Number/Build Numbers which should come any day now with the rest of us to follow.

3. I am now 13 spots behind on the list. This is especially encouraging given that initially I was told in writing and otherwise that I was #29. 11+13 makes 24. I suspect that some customers have dropped off the list for one reason or another.

4. I was told to expect delivery sometime late November or early December. I specifically clarified this November/December date as delivery and NOT the date when I finally get a Vin/Build Number.

5. Lotus had just asked NE to spec out the Third Batch.

For those of you ahead of me on the list, can you please keep me posted as to if and when your Vin/Build Numbers have become allocated? I came extremely close to purchase the Demo at Symbolic in La Jolla this weekend. Then I was reminded that it was Aubergine. (No offense to the Aubergine members)

Here's to a potentially Merry Christmas.

- dechien

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NE Orders?

Bob and ChrisB:

Thanks for the update. That's great news for everyone that you guys were finally able to spec out your order. It's also consistent with what Doug told me earlier this week, which reassures my faith somewhat in Lotus. I guess Lotus is finally getting a move on with the ordering process.

Did they happen to have mentioned any type of ETA for you guys? What numbers were you given? And do either of you know how many were asked to order in this Third Batch?

Chris B, I understand what you mean about the hard top in Southern California. I ordered it, but for all the wrong reasons. Randy stated in a prior post that the noise in the cockpit, due to resonance from the engine will actually be greater with the hard top. I was wrongfully assuming that with the hard top it'll cut down on the wind noise and outside noises, but never thought of the resonance inside the cockpit. Anyway, I did get the touring package, and according to Randy the extra insulation on the soft top will produce the most quiet setting.

But who are we kidding? The top will be off most of the year with the exception of the 10 days that it rains in April.

- dechien

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.